September 6, 2013
Valley Credit Union, a not-for-profit financial cooperative based in Salem, OR is seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to join its team. This position is responsible for the Credit Union’s marketing, design, communication and outreach efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design of all Credit Union marketing collateral, including print and electronic advertisements, newsletters, brochures, forms, documents, and other materials as required.
- Maintain a strong, consistent and professional brand for the Credit union to attract and retain members.
- Copywriting for a variety of media and operational needs, including news releases, newsletters, staff communications, advertisements and other items as directed by Executive Management.
- Responsible for all communication and PR responsibilities, including local press relationships, internal and external communications with business and community partners, and print and electronic communications with the Credit Union’s membership.
- Plan and execute internal/external marketing campaigns, Credit Union events, promotions and other special initiatives and projects as directed. Track results and report to Executive Management as necessary.
- Maintain the Credit Union’s website, including copywriting, events, news, updates to products and services, email campaigns, etc. Maintain the Credit Union’s social media channels to remain relevant to audience and to build awareness and trust in the Credit Union’s identity.
- Engage and manage relationships of current and potential vendors, advertisers, business partners, community partners and related organizations to build stronger relationships with the Credit Union in the local community.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic design or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- At least 3 years of previous marketing or sales work experience (credit union experience a plus).
- Strong technical skills, including advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Flash, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to positively interact with Credit Union staff and members to create safe and productive environment.
- Firm understanding and utilization of social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented individual able to apply a creative approach to job responsibilities with little supervision. Ability to adapt quickly and assist in a small, fast-paced organization.
- A desire to serve and be involved in the local community.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a full benefits package, including health insurance, a 401(k) plan with match, paid time off and more.
Valley Credit Union is a locally-based financial cooperative serving members in the Healthcare and Postal Service fields and their families in the Mid-Willamette Valley.
Posted in Article Post.