September 5, 2013
Are you searching for an exceptional and unique opportunity in the Credit Union industry where your entrepreneurial, development and leadership skills will be put to the test? Will your knowledge of the nonprofit sector and keen presentation skills bring passion to this start-up project?
If yes, consider becoming the first CEO of American Nonprofits Federal Credit Union (ANFCU)–proposed– as we move to bring a vision of serving the financial needs of 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations, their employees, volunteers and stakeholders to fruition. This is a unique opportunity to create a lasting legacy for the benefit of this sector.
Our organization model is as unique as our vision. The credit union will primarily be an online institution, serving a national community of nonprofit organizations and the individuals. Members will be served either electronically or through the Shared Branching Network.
The search for the President/CEO is being conducted nationwide with a preference for someone located in the San Francisco Bay area. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
You are ready for this challenge if you have the following:
- CEO experience in a financial institution, ideally in a start-up credit union or de novo bank;
- Keen leadership skills, including creative problem solving, teambuilding, effective communication and strategic planning;
- Passion for the unconventional–this position will be overseeing a virtual credit union and will offer products and services to meet the needs of a sector so often having difficulty attaining lending from other credit unions and commercial banks;
- Public presentation skills with the ability to build supportive fundraising relationships that deliver;
- Ability to build national level relationships with key credit union figures as well as members of the nonprofit sector;
- Experience with financial services regulation and regulators;
- Proven commitment to serving the needs of under-served consumers and non-profit organization;
- Relevant college degree.
This position’s duties will morph with time. As with any start-up, your initial time with the Credit Union will be spent:
- Finalizing the charter approval
- Recruiting organizational and individual member nonprofits
- Working to fundraise through grants and capital shares
- Hiring Senior Managers
Additional duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the credit union to successful fulfillment of mission and plan. Providing leadership and focus to board, staff and members to ensure long term viability of credit union;
- Interfacing between the board of directors and credit union staff to execute business model and strategic plan;
- Preparing and presenting special and routine financial reports to the board as required by law;
- Serving as a member of appropriate management and board committees, (e.g., investment, insurance, budget, future planning, etc.) Carries out the directives of these committees such as investment of surplus funds and charge-off loans;
- Directing the development of operating policies. Implementing all policy directives from the board, delegating authority to ensure effective performance of assigned functions;
- Overseeing directly or through subordinates, the recruitment, selection, orientation, training and discipline of employees.
- Maintaining contacts with local, state and federal credit union associations; with nonprofit community leaders and representatives who might have an impact on the credit union; and with related correspondent banks, auditors and insurance carriers.
Learn More & Apply:
Posted in Article Post.