September 3, 2013
Job Title: Systems Administrator/Programmer
Clackamas Community Federal Credit Union, providing financial services to Clackamas County in the northwest region of Oregon, is seeking a seasoned and knowledgeable System Administrator/Programmer. Responsible for customizing core operating system software to ensure that the Credit Union’s information needs are met. Reviews and monitors systems and applications capabilities and department needs. Performs a variety of complex programming tasks. To be successful in this position requires confidentiality, analytical thinking, sound technical skills, and the ability to work independently. A strong knowledge of AIX, .NET, .ASP is preferred.
Essential Functions and Basic Responsibilities:
- Works closely with management, project teams, end-users, and vendors to establish and implement programming and system performance goals and objectives.
- Acts as consultant and information resource to end users, including advising on most appropriate data source, providing or arranging application-based report writing, or educating users to retrieve information themselves when practical and appropriate.
- Provide support to IT and Credit Union staff as needed, to include AD administration, on-call rotation, and Help-desk.
- Assist with training designated IT department staff and systems users in the new solutions and/or methods.
- Analyzes and monitors system capabilities in light of organizational needs to design or re-engineer data processes and programs to maximize system functionality and improve organizational performance. Breaks down business needs and organizes them into system configurations and programming tasks.
- Performs a variety of complex programming tasks, such as designing, documenting and coding program logic and maintaining the database and data communication system.
- Ensures that all code is documented properly, complete technical documentation of the projects and systems.
- Reviews and analyzes documentation on service packs and system releases and performs system maintenance and updates. Revises application programs to interface with changes in the operating system.
- Ensures projects are completed in accordance with technical specifications and deadlines.
- Develops new solutions and performs enhancements to Symitar system using Power-Ons and RepGens.
- Designs and adheres to a system maintenance and purge schedule in accordance with vendor specifications, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices
- Ensures all system updates and programming are fully tested prior to moving them to the live environment. Keeps users informed of all system updates.
- Ensures that programming operations and system updates are performed in accordance with established Credit Union standards, policies, and procedures.
- Develops Symform and SymformPDF files.
- Maintains systems’ integrity and performance.
- Documents procedures for systems operation, maintenance schedules and tasks, system and software updates and modifications, and back-up and recovery.
- Studies and resolves current operating problems. Tailors programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
- Recognizes processing and programming inefficiencies and makes recommendations to streamline system jobs, processes, and work flows.
- Keeps management informed of significant problems and of progress attained in reaching established objectives. Proactively troubleshoots and researches solutions to resolve problems and concerns.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities and Other Characteristics Required:
- Knowledge of AIX system administration, RepGen/PowerOn, and SymformPDF.
- Preferred knowledge of C#, .NET, .ASP, Java, HTML, SQL, Microsoft AD Administration.
- Thorough understanding or programming and information systems.
- Thorough knowledge of business software applications.
- Ability to apply logic or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions, deal with difficult concepts and complex variables.
- Ability to process and analyze complex information and comprehend dynamic systems and applications.
- Ability to read and write in English with knowledge of grammar, punctuation and spelling rules.
- Ability to communicate professionally, with courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to perform detailed work accurately.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently or as a team.
- Ability to work under pressure with flexibility and good time management skills.
- Ability to be organized and multi-task.
- Willingness and ability to help others.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Solid project management abilities.
Education and Experience:
- A two year college degree or (2) Completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) Completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.
- Two years to five years of similar or related experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a great benefits package, salary commensurate with experience. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Medical, Dental and Vision, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401k, and Paid Time Off.
Wage offered dependent on experience: $67,000 – $72,000
Posted in Article Post.