September 3, 2013
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing financial analyses of credit union operations with emphasis on the areas of Asset/Liability Management, interest rate risk, portfolio analysis, and financial performance of credit union products and services. Coordinates development of the annual budget and ongoing monitoring of budget performance in addition to supporting the Credit Union in areas of interest rate risk management, portfolio risk management, profitability analysis and cash management.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Assisting with Asset/Liability Management (ALM) processes and alaysis.
- Working with third party vendors to maintain software resources for financial management, including ALM financial monitoring, loan portfolio and profitabilty software programs.
- Assisting with the development and documentation of the calculation for the Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL).
- Assisting the Branch Manager with oversight of expenses while pursuing cost saving measures and continually seeking ways to improve branch operations.
- Managing, developing, and improving processes and models for planning and analyses of various revenue, expense, and balance sheet items to support changing business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- 3+ years experience in financial analysis, financial modeling, planning, forecasting, and management reporting required.
- Previous experience with asset/liability management at a bank or credit union is preferred.
- Prior experience with financial institution regulations highly desirable.
- Experience with databases and accounting software preferred.
- Exceptional communication and time management skills.
- Ability to learn and quickly become familiar with Advantis processes and procedures.
A Great Place to Work!
Advantis Credit Union is Oregon’s fourth largest credit union, with over 53,000 members and five branches in the Portland metro area. Along with an excellent benefits package, our team is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally.
Our competitive advantage is our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through excellence, innovation, and serving as trusted advisors to our members. If you are looking for an organization that will recognize you for your results and empower you to reach your potential, we urge you to apply online at: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ADVANTISCU&cws=1&rid=243
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted in Article Post.