Consumer Loan Officer/Community Lending Specialist
September 3, 2013
Are you building your sales career? Do you have a proven track record in sales? Would you like to work in an environment that fosters learning and growth?
We are looking for an individual ready to take their sales skills to the next level. The ideal candidate will be energetic, driven, and competitive with a proactive mindset. You must have 2+ years sales experience with an emphasis on outside sales and be excited to tackle and exceed your sales goals – thriving in an incentive based environment is a must!
If this sounds like you please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
The Community Lending Specialist role ensures the success of the credit union by proactively reaching assigned sales goals including new memberships and consumer loans from application through funding.
Essential Job Functions
- Originates and funds internal and external consumer and equity loans in accordance with assigned daily/weekly/monthly sales goals
- Generates new loan and membership business through sales activities such as outbound calling, networking with local businesses, participation in community events, and performing in-person sales calls
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of consumer finance and provides education and counsel to members upon request
- General working knowledge of residential mortgage lending is a plus
- Maintains thorough knowledge of consumer lending policies and procedures
- Possesses a working knowledge of additional products and services such as deposit products and alternate delivery channels
- Supports, promotes, and cross-sells credit union products and services while meeting referral goals
- Delivers positive member experiences and interactions by conducting needs based conversations utilizing the Omega Sales and Service Model
- Experienced in documenting and maintaining individual sales results documentation
- Adheres to SMCU Shared Values (HRD001)
- Maintains acceptable quality of work in accordance with SMCU standards
- Other duties may be assigned
- Knowledge of consumer and equity lending
- Knowledge of all applicable state and federal regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit union history and its philosophy preferred
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and other Office Suite products
- Education or job knowledge equivalent to high school education, with 2-4 years of college preferred.
- Demonstrated sales ability working in a commission based environment
- Good oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language
- Excellent organizational skills
- Accurate keyboarding and typing skills
- Any foreign language fluency is a plus Abilities
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment
- Ability to generate both in-house and external sales
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to communicate with tact , discretion and courtesy within and outside the organization
- Ability to understand and readily learn computer lending and other system applications
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Ability to take initiative
- Ability to operate various office equipment
- Minimum one year experience originating and funding consumer loan applications
- Minimum of two year sales experience, with a focus on outside sales, and has demonstrated the ability to meet goals
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Posted in Article Post.