Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
August 29, 2013
To see a full job description and to apply, please visit us at: https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/senior-business-intelligence-analyst.
Close Date: As soon as a qualified candidate is found
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst in the Eugene area. The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing support for strategic initiatives by turning data and analysis into relevant insight and actionable information. They provide information and analysis necessary for effective process and fiscal decision making. They consult with Senior Management, Directors and department Managers to determine ways to support strategic plans, improve business processes and effectively manage business objectives through data analysis and reporting.
Pay: $57,600 – $72,100 annually, commensurate with experience
- Provide support for strategic credit union initiatives and objectives through consulting, in-depth mathematical analysis, market research and project management. Provide tactical marketing analysis support including: member analysis, segmentation, value index and product usage and profitability.
- Produce high level periodic reports and trending analysis by product and segment. Reports may include, but are not limited to: loans, deposits, channels, branch operations and profitability reports.
- Develop test plan and specification to ensure that developed solutions meet all user requirements.
Identify potential risks/issues and recommend creative solutions.
- Generate comprehensive reports, charts, tables, graphs, maps and other visual aids that clearly communicate the results of the analytical research.
- Develop and deploy automated solutions to assist in process improvement, auditing and analytics. Such solutions may include, but are not limited to, data warehouses/data marts, dashboards, interactive web pages, web forms, financial models, predictive models and analytical tools/models.
- Develop, improve and maintain visual displays of quantitative information that are used, read, and understood by the intended audience.
Provide technical and other support to other department staff and assist in analysis when needed.
- Successfully communicate the department’s products, processes and initiatives to other departments and senior management.
Must follow all required regulations, as well as complete all applicable training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units, and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group. Able to present to small and large groups effectively.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Entrepreneurial in thinking, planning, and implementation. Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly organized and detail oriented. Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed as scheduled and in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated and independent.
4 to 7 years of experience in a professional office environment. Desired Analytical and Computer Experience:
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Descriptive Statistical methods
- Experience with Inferential Statistics (Hypothesis Testing, ANOVA, ANCOVA, etc.)
- Baseline knowledge of financial models (linear/non-linear regression models)
- Familiarity with “R” or other statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Microsoft Office 2010 – (Advanced Excel skills – Pivot Tables, charts & graphs, formulas, etc.)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – Proficiency in T-SQL is desired but not required
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 or Higher – Proficiency with BIDS (SSIS, SSAS & SSRS) is desired but not required
- Visual Basic, C++ or C# is desired but not required
- Familiarity with standard project management principles and guidelines
- Ability to collaborate with disparate groups and gain consensus
- Ability to write cohesive, comprehensive technical reports
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required (i.e. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business, Finance or Accounting). Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
Posted in Article Post.