IT Operations Engineer 2
August 29, 2013
To see a full job description and to apply, please visit us at: https://www.oregoncommunitycu.org/about-us/careers/it-operations-engineer-2.
Close Date: As soon as a qualified candidate is found
Oregon Community Credit Union has an opening for an IT Operations Engineer 2 in the Eugene area. The IT Operations Engineer 2 role is a technical position. The position is responsible for maintaining deployed systems and ensuring those systems deliver a high level of service. This position is responsible for restricting privileged access, identifying opportunities to increase monitoring, automating repetitive tasks, and improving system performance. This position works closely with IT Business Applications Engineers, IT Infrastructure Engineers, and IT Governance Analysts to monitor and release changes to the production infrastructure. Additionally, they work closely with IT Quality Assurance Engineers to ensure all system changes are fully tested prior to release.
All IT Engineering Team members are responsible for enhancing the capabilities and efficiencies of OCCU’s application and infrastructure portfolio. Team members support the technology needs of corporate projects and business platform work requests. The position responds to production incidents, restoring IT services quickly to reduce impact to customers. Position supports the fulfillment of service requests defined in the IT Service Catalog. Members provide level-two support to employees with technology issues that could not be resolved by the Helpdesk. Team members provide evening and weekend on call support.
Pay: $51,900 – $64,800 annually, commensurate with experience
- Provide technical subject matter expertise on business critical systems.
- Contribute to the development of the Credit Union’s technology strategy.
- Provide tier 2 and 3 support on technical issues.
- Adhere to all documented standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Build and maintain standards for supporting infrastructure and applications in the production environment and ensure that all changes to the production environment adhere to those standards.
- Execute routine processes necessary for the day-to-day operation of systems. This includes, but is not limited to, deploying approved system and application changes, monitoring networks, systems, and applications for issues, managing software and certificate licenses, managing usage and capacity, gathering and reporting out performance metrics on networks, appliances, servers and applications and using those metrics to recommend improvements, identifying opportunities to improve monitoring, add automation, increase performance, and enhance security of production systems, driving patch releases to systems, and resolving production incidents.
- Maintain the system inventory and configuration management database, system operation logs and support plans for production systems.
- Support project and business platform work requests.
- Respond to production incidents.
- Deliver Service Requests defined in the Service Catalog.
- Research business needs and track vendor roadmaps.
- Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with peers in other business units.
- Deliver quality work within specified timelines.
- Follow all company policies and act as a role model to others in the following of these policies. This includes, but is not limited to, providing exceptional internal and external service, championing company values, representing the Credit Union with a high level of professionalism, working hard to support your teams, and arriving to work on time every day with a positive attitude.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail orientated, demonstrating ability to work both independently and in group settings.
- Organize workload to insure priority responsibilities are completed with quality and as scheduled.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential, and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Provide status updates to management and stakeholders regarding issues and progress.
- Must be able to share and communicate ideas and processes in verbal and written form to executive staff, business units, and staff in a clear and concise manner that is the parlance of each group.
- Anticipate service issues and determine root cause and potential solutions.
- Four or more years of experience in working with computer systems in a technical capacity.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft system and application technologies.
- Experience deploying systems, software, and configuration changes.
- Experience working in an ITIL environment including strong change control and configuration management practices.
- Familiarity with scripting languages, automation tools, and performance tuning.
- Experience evaluating vendors and systems against a set of requirements.
- Experience designing solutions with high availability and real time monitoring.
Four-year degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Posted in Article Post.