Director of Consumer Lending
August 23, 2013
We are seeking an experienced leader and consumer lending expert to direct and coordinate all of the credit union’s centralized consumer and small business lending activities. The Director of Consumer Lending reports to the Vice-President of Lending and is responsible for the efficiency and effectiveness of our consumer lending department and for providing excellent service and support for our branch and phone center lending partners.
Responsibilities include loan origination processes and procedures, loan origination systems management, risk management, loan documentation, and ensuring compliance with lending policies and all applicable laws and regulations. The Director of Consumer will also develop lending policy and oversee audit activities. This leader is also responsible for managing, inspiring, and developing our lending team members.
Advantis Credit Union was founded in 1926 and has a community field of membership of 24 Oregon counties and the state of Washington. Advantis is the fourth largest credit union in Oregon, with 53,000 members and over $1 billion in assets and five branch offices in the Portland metro area. Advantis is headquartered in Milwaukie, Oregon, just south of Portland.
Advantis has achieved excellent asset growth in recent years and maintains a strong capital ratio and return on assets. Advantis is consistently ranked in the top 1% of credit unions nationwide by Callahan & Associates in returning financial value to members.
An excellent and competitive compensation package will be offered to the selected candidate.
The ideal candidate is a consumer lending expert who also has a well-rounded lending background that includes knowledge of residential real estate and small business lending and has the following qualifications:
- Five to seven years progressive lending management experience in a financial institution is required.
- Ten years’ or more experience in a financial institution is preferred.
- A proven history of growing a sound consumer loan portfolio.
- Previous experience in all facets of consumer lending, including indirect dealer loans.
- Extensive knowledge in all credit products, underwriting, lending policies and procedures, all applicable laws and regulations, and best practices in consumer lending.
- Experience managing loan origination systems, including experience with automated loan decisioning.
- A Bachelors degree in finance or business administration or a related field is required.
For confidential consideration, please apply online at www.advantiscu.org and provide your salary history, resume and a cover letter.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted in Article Post.