Member & Card Services Representative
August 19, 2013
Castparts Employees Federal Credit Union is looking for a full-time Member & Card Services Representative who can contribute to the success of the Credit Union by providing exceptional care and attention while performing teller transactions, building rapport and cross-selling Credit Union services. Requires experience with debit card processes, compliance and fraud-related issues.
Candidates must be professional, responsible and friendly. Must have the ability to work independently, solve problems, multitask, and communicate well. Expectations include expanding members’ relationships by identifying and meeting members’ needs through effectively cross-selling products and services. Accuracy with transactions and information given is crucial and representatives are expected to understand and follow Credit Union policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine member transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers and check cashing. Sell money orders, cashier’s checks, and gift cards.
- Assist members with activating and troubleshooting remote access services, such as online and mobile banking.
- Answer multi-line phone and perform member transactions/transfers after identifying members by adhering to security procedures.
- Order debit cards to fulfill member requests and monitor fraudulent activity and trends to prevent fraud and losses.
- Process exceptions, changes and adjustments for electronic debit card maintenance.
- Complete documents for various services such as stop payments, wire transfers, payroll deductions, electronic services, and automatic loan payments.
- Demonstrate accuracy in cash handling and daily balancing.
- Gather needed information from members to open new accounts, explain options, prepare documents, verify information, cross-sell additional products and services, and ensure new accounts are processed accurately.
- Maintain maximum security over cash and other valuables on hand. Be alert and adhere to established security procedures to ensure Credit Union security is maintained at all times.
- Project a positive image of the Credit Union by assuring proper maintenance, cleanliness and security of work area, desk, equipment, etc. Adhere to Credit Union attire and professional standards.
- Maintain a professional and courteous attitude with all people, including fellow employees, members, management, and partners/vendors.
- Cross sell products and services provided by the Credit Union’s partners and vendors.
- Ensure that all information and transactions regarding Credit Union members are kept confidential.
- Cooperate with other personnel to ensure a “team effort” and “prompt member service” are consistently practiced.
- Comply with Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate compliance with all state and federal regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Contribute to efficient Credit Union operations by performing duties accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Experience: 1-3 years of experience in a financial institution is required.
- Education/Training: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Two-year degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- License or certificate: Must be bondable.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work regularly scheduled days in accordance with the needs of the Credit Union and its branches. Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Ability to attain or have knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations applicable to the financial industry and knowledge of operations and new accounts requirements.
- Ability to be thorough and accurate and to work effectively and productively with others. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including listening, oral, and written skills required.
- Ability to deal maturely, professionally and tactfully with difficult situations including the ability to be flexible, responsive and timely in order to provide members the highest quality of service.
- Computer experience including spreadsheet and word processing software knowledge required.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities required.
- Duties are performed in an office environment but may also require traveling to other facilities using employee’s personal transportation.
- There are frequent employee/member contacts and interruptions in person and via the telephone during the day that must be managed using professionalism and patience.
- This job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limited to only the work described. The expectation is that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the Credit Union operates smoothly.
- THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WRITTEN OR IMPLIED CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please email resume to email@example.com or fax resume to 503.771.9694.
Posted in Article Post.