Loan Operations Manager
August 15, 2013
This highly skilled position supervises the daily operations of the consumer loan center and mortgage processing staff to ensure completion of duties. Promotes loan programs and increase participation and usage of the Credit Union’s consumer and mortgage lending services through staff training and education. Position reports to the AVP Lending.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Makes recommendations in personnel matters such as hiring, performance evaluations, promotions, and disciplinary actions, etc.
- Provides motivation daily to promote sales, monitors performance, track and report production goals. Promotes PCU’s brand and service expectations.
- Plays a significant part in the achievement of the goals established for the Loan Production team.
- Responsible for monitoring and implementing processes, recommends changes to policies for real estate and consumer regulatory compliance.
- Assists for the implementation of consumer and mortgage loan training throughout the Credit Union.
- Interviews applicants and processes applications, including the development of background information and credit analysis.
- Approves or denies loan applicants within their loan authority. Operates with a substantial level of credit authority.
- Recommends policy/procedural changes to AVP Lending to aid in the effective implementation of the Credit Union’s lending plan.
- Is aware of competitors’ programs and is alert for changes and opportunities to develop additional loan business. Conveys this information to AVP Lending.
- Responsible for effective communication with the loan center and mortgage department for the timely processing and funding of loan applications.
- Keeps the AVP Lending updated and informed of progress related to interviews, applications and the development of loan business by consumer loan officers.
- Ability to be flexible and work outside the Credit Union’s normal hours of business in order to be available to meet business contacts and serve the members’ loan needs, as well as participate in promotional events such as car sales, home shows, etc.
- Travel required to outlying branches.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities desired:
- Minimum three-year consumer loan and mortgage underwriting experience is desired.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively lead and supervise a sales team.
- Ability to effectively develop and implement training programs.
- Works independently and with little direct supervision.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous supervisory or experience performing in a lead role in a financial institution required.
- Knowledgeable of loan policy and procedures.
- Possesses up-to-date knowledge of and ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, such as BSA, OFAC, CIP, etc.
The Olympic Peninsula is a great place to live and Peninsula Credit Union is also a terrific place to work!
We’re committed to providing competitive salaries and benefit packages along with a challenging, professional work environment. Are you people-oriented and enjoy working in a service-oriented environment? We hire people who are committed to providing excellent, quality service, love being part of a team and can successfully deliver PCU’s mission.
Want to join the team?
Interested in becoming part of the Peninsula Credit Union team? Apply online below.
Posted in Article Post.