August 12, 2013
Fibre Federal Credit Union, a $750m financial institution located in Longview, Washington is seeking a dynamic, progressive, team oriented individual for the position of Network Administrator.
- Safeguards the security of the computer network through monitoring network activity and maintaining the configuration of network security devices.
- Maintains LAN/WAN hardware and software.
- Coordinates all network security issues.
- Manages the telephone system.
- Designs, specifies, configures, installs, and maintains LAN/WAN equipment.
- Tracks operating system and anti-virus patches and updates.
- Develops and implements procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition, use, support, security, and backup.
- Establishes and maintains network users, including access and security.
- Develops standards for use, operation, and security of network.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies to improve network efficiency and value.
- Coordinates the activities of outside vendors related the network.
- Monitors and maintains network stability and efficiency.
- Schedules and implements network backups and system maintenance.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations.
- Assists in providing network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Coordinates training and suggests training ideas for users based upon interaction from resolving support requests.
- Participates in team meetings, providing input and suggestions.
- As a member of the staff, answers incoming phone calls, assists members as the need arises, and performs work on projects when needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Technical Skills
- Problem solving.
- Understanding of networking concepts.
- Cisco configuration training and/or experience.
- An understanding of network security concepts, tools and auditing.
Additional Valuable Skills
- Windows Server administration including: Active Directory, MS-SQL and Exchange.
- Knowledge of VMware usage and configuration and virtualization concepts.
- Knowledge of SAN storage concepts.
- Linux/Unix experience.
- Avaya Communication Manager experience.
- Symitar/Episys experience.
If you have excellent people skills and are interested in joining a financially sound, growing and learning organization, send your resume, including salary history and references to:
Fibre Federal Credit Union
P.O. Box 1234
Longview, WA 98632
Fibre Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posted in Article Post.