Mortgage Relationship Officer (MRO)
August 7, 2013
The Mortgage Relationship Officer (MRO) is responsible for generating funded mortgage loan applications and for promoting Unitus Community Credit Union to the local housing industry (community development, real estate agents, title companies, etc.) and the Credit Union’s membership. This individual provides ongoing product support and training to frontline staff to encourage and ensure member awareness and advocacy in the area of home ownership. Through interactions with internal stakeholders, external partners and members, the MRO contributes to improving approval-to-book and look-to-book ratios as well as generating quality assets for the Credit Union.
- Originate loan applications on behalf of interested members and prospective members. Gather necessary paperwork and confirm accuracy of data entry to ensure a smooth loan process for both the applicant and the Credit Union’s processing team. Meet performance goals as defined.
- Prioritize and deliver regular communication and status updates to applicants. Immediately notify management when an event occurs that could result in a poor service experience for the applicant.
- Individually contributes to department sales goals by generating new mortgage loan volume through fielding phone calls to the origination queue, partnering with frontline departments and employees, and interacting with external partners to create new referral channels.
- Provide guidance and counsel to all applicants regarding the loan request, as well as identify other products and services that might benefit the applicant. Facilitate warm referrals to appropriate departments and perform follow-up, as needed, to ensure requests are responded to timely.
- Utilize the Credit Union’s sales tracking program to keep track of leads, contacts, and applications. Proactively mine the membership database to generate a sufficient number of mortgage leads. Contact prospective applicants to originate loan requests.
- Identify and coordinate opportunities with frontline departments to maximize their knowledge of the Credit Union’s mortgage program. Conduct training sessions for frontline staff as needed to position Unitus as a full-service provider of financial products and services.
- Ensures exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics and complying with all Federal and State compliance policies.
- Participates in business related development opportunities, and community efforts to promote homeownership. Facilitate regular member education sessions for first-time buyers and members looking to refinance or purchase a new home.
- Based on feedback from members and partners, recommend new products, improvements to existing products, and provide feedback on pricing and competitive positioning to management.
- Maintain punctuality, tact, thoroughness, and professionalism in representing Unitus Mortgage.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks accurately, while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated through strong composition, grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofreading abilities and possess the ability to develop a quick rapport with prospective applicants.
- Effectively discuss complex ideas or solutions and demonstrate courtesy and tact when dealing with employees, members, prospective applicants, and vendors.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality regarding both managerial and member-related information.
- Ability to conduct needs assessments, identify problems, develop solutions, and tactfully take the appropriate course of action.
- Willingness to travel frequently, with a valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation available for use in accomplishing job requirements.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Credit Union’s products and services, along with all federal and state laws, rules, policies, and bylaws that govern or influence mortgage lending.
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Loan Origination Systems, Automated Underwriting Systems).
- Bachelor’s degree required. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 3 or more years of current residential real estate lending sales experience.
- Recent experience with government and community-based programs strongly preferred (e.g. FHA, USDA, and VA).
- Strong knowledge of current real estate and consumer lending laws and regulations.
- Recent experience with mortgage loan origination and automated underwriting systems.
- Be licensed in the National Mortgage Licensure System (NMLS) and be SAFE ACT compliant
- Please complete online application at https://www.unitusccu.com/about-us/careers/
- Unitus Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted in Article Post.