August 2, 2013
Supports registered investment representatives and Program Manager. Provides service to clients, serving as a first point of contact to new and existing clients. Supports operations and lead on marketing and administration. Uses resources to promote Investment Services and grow business, including out bound calls to prospective new clients. Provides member service regarding investments and retirement products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responds to phone calls and requests from clients and prospects, serving as a first point of contact for existing clients
- Service client request for trades, information request, transfers, account maintenance, and online access.
- Be main point of contact for advisors working with back office support staff
- Acts on behalf of the Investment Advisor in their absence (when series 7 and series 63 license is obtained)
- Uses resources to promote Investment Services and grow business, including out bound calls to prospective new clients
- Maintains database and files, ensures compliance and maximum organization
- Organizes and processes monthly marketing to credit union members
- Processes business forms and scan checks efficiently and accurately
- Schedules appointments and solicits reviews, in addition to tracking referrals
- Interfaces with other credit union staff and departments to ensure visibility and promote services
- Prepares for seminars and seminar follow-up to maximize enrollment
- Creates literature, mailings, and other communications to members and prospects
- Tracks referrals and statistics
- Completes special projects as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent, college coursework or degree preferred
- One to three years previous support experience, preferably in an investment or financial institution environment
- Series 7 license & WA State health & life insurance preferred. If not licensed, must obtain series 7, and 63 licenses within 6 months of starting the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to use office equipment for scanning
- Must provide timely and accurate responses to clients
- Able to use a personal computer and proficient in computer applications—MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Perform mathematical calculations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage difficult situations with clients and resolve problems.
- Organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines
- Present a positive and professional image
- Work independently and as a team member
- Desire to become securities licensed, if not already
- Strong business development, marketing and sales skills
Verity is committed to reasonably accommodating physical aspects of any position. The following are some that are normally encountered in this job:
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse personalities
- Ability to travel to various seminar locations
- Sitting or standing for long periods of time
- Working on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Speaking to large and small audiences
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
Please submit resume and online application for consideration by visiting our careers page (https://www.veritycu.com/about-us/career-opportunities.html)
Posted in Article Post.