Real Estate Loan Clerk
July 31, 2013
Act as the primary assistant to the Real Estate Loan Officer and a front-line marketer of the first mortgage program to outside agents and members. Originates process and reviews residential mortgage loan requests in accordance with Credit Union policy, secondary market and insuring agency requirements to meet goals for the real estate department. Develop and maintain realtor relationships within general market area to increase Credit Union market share.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Real Estate Loan Officer in meeting target referral and loan goals.
- Provide regular on?going feedback to the Sales Director and Real Estate Loan Officer regarding the activities, status, and needs of Real Estate Department.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all Credit Union products and services.
- Maintain an understanding of products and services offered by Central Willamette’s Financial Services Organization (CUSO) for the purpose of advising members of available CUSO services and referring them to the CUSO when appropriate.
- Maintain communication with members to assist with satisfying condition requirements.
- Maintain awareness of all products and services offered by third party vendors and effectively market them to members.
- Counsel members in other financial areas such as general credit matters, terms, rates, changes in payment, and release or substitution of collateral.
- Interview members applying for Real Estate loan products.
- Review applications and other incoming documentation for completeness and required signatures.
- Assist members with completion of loan applications and present applicable disclosures in accordance with policy and regulation.
- Prepare loans for submission to underwriting and notify member of loan decision.
- Make realtor field calls and submit call reports as requested.
- Process requests for Wire transfers and various verifications..
- Review and update information on member record file.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and maintain spreadsheets as directed and necessary.
- Research and Resolve member questions, complaints and account queries.
- Familiarity with collateral, perfection and documentation required.
- Coordinate Real Estate loan office/activities in absence of the Real Estate Loan Officer.
- Stay alert to current market conditions, products, and changes in the marketplace.
- Recommend new products that might improve market share and report market trends and conditions to Sales Director.
- Register and maintain a unique identifier through the Registry.
- Maintain awareness of regulations, lending standards, and rate/fee schedules appropriate for all loan types.
- Assist members with requests for loan and savings related information.
- Cross?sell all Credit Union services in conjunction with accepting real estate loan applications.
- Cooperate and work with co?workers as a team member.
- Comply with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations as promulgated by among others NCUA, FinCEN, US Treasury, FTC, Federal Reserve Bank, Oregon State Department of Consumer & Business-Division of Finance & Corporate Securities to include but not be limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act, FACT Act of 2003, Federal Reserve Regulations, Oregon Revised Statutes 723, and Oregon Administrative Rules 710 & 720.
- Assist with all aspects of the HELOC process as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of one year real estate lending experience preferred.
- A basic understanding of processing real estate mortgage products.
- Excellent marketing and sales skills.
- Strong communication skills required; both written and verbal.
- Computer literate.
- Proficient use of ten?key.
- Typing skill with emphasis on accuracy.
- Must be bondable.
Central Willamette is a Values based organization. We are fully committed to 5 core Values – RESPECT, INTEGRITY, ETHICS, COMPASSION, and HUMOR. We believe the continual and constant assertion of these Values will ensure that our Brand; our promise, position, performance and personality, will be clearly demonstrated as we fulfill our Purpose. Our Purpose is to enrich the communities of the central Willamette Valley by providing superior financial products, services and opportunities. This is our quest, our passion and our vision. Our Purpose becomes reality only with 100% participation and commitment from every member of our team to live by our Values. As an employee of Central Willamette, it is a job requirement to fully embrace our Values based culture. It is an expectation that your time, energy, attention and passion will be directed to the fulfillment of our Purpose by adhering to our Values. All employee activities fall under the umbrella of our Values based culture making it vitally important that you fully embrace the Values in order to be successful at Central Willamette.
Interested applicants should send their resume to Yazmin Funes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted in Article Post.