Manager of Internal Audit
July 26, 2013
The Manager of Internal Audit oversees the day-to-day operations and strategic direction of the Audit function. This manager is responsible for developing and managing an annual audit plan as well as the risk assessment process. Works with the Supervisory Committee and external auditors to ensure the safety and soundness of Verity Credit Union. Has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Supervisory Committee. Establishes procedures and develops changes to minimize risk, and to guard against fraud and/or criminal acts involving member and/or Credit Union accounts.
This exempt position is based out of our Northgate Headquarters. The Manager of Internal Audit supervises one Internal Auditor, and reports to the President, CEO. This position offers a starting base range of $50,000-60,000 per year depending on experience, great benefits and the opportunity to earn quarterly bonuses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage credit union audit activities, policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain an annual Internal Audit risk assessment plan.
- Develop and manage an annual audit action plan.
- Develop and manage the annual audit department budget.
- Perform risk assessment and control analysis for all credit union departments.
- Research and resolve problems presented through supervisory committee correspondence.
- Act as key liaison with the Supervisory Committee, management and external auditors on key audit issues.
- Identify areas of risk and develop and implement auditing procedures to monitor and reduce risk to the Credit Union.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all developments in regulatory requirements, general accounting principles, and audit techniques.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned to assist in credit union strategic goals and objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary course work in accounting or similar experience. A Bachelor’s or advanced degree is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and similar database programs preferred.
- Experience and general knowledge of all phases of financial institution products and services.
- Certified Compliance Expert, or related designation, also preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to convey complex information to diverse audiences.
- Detail oriented and good organization skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Ability to use a personal computer, 10-key, and similar office equipment.
- Solid problem solving skills.
- Resourcefulness and ability to effectively research
- Confidential respect of personnel data.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP.)
- Ability to organize and prioritize information and projects to meet deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge in financial industry regulations on a state and federal level.
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures and fundamentals of lending concepts.
Verity is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Effective and efficient communication with diverse groups.
- The ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- The ability to work with computers continuously on a daily basis.
- The ability to visually analyze and verify numerical details for accuracy.
Please submit resume and online application for consideration by visiting our careers page (https://www.veritycu.com/about-us/career-opportunities.html)
Verity Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity.
The employment relationship may be terminated by the Credit Union or the employee at any time, without notice or cause. This agreement is called Employment at Will.
Posted in Article Post.