July 26, 2013
TwinStar Credit Union has an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Accountant with strong leadership skills to become our next Controller. If you are ready for this challenge, then read on…
The Controller will plan, organize, direct and control all accounting activities of the Credit Union under the direction of the VP of Finance/CFO. This position is responsible for ensuring all financial regulatory and GAAP reporting requirements of the Credit Union are met and for the supervision of two direct reports in the accounting department.
Typical duties are, but not limited to:
- Development, analysis and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to apprise membership, The Board of Directors, other volunteers, regulator authorities, management and independent auditors of the operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the Credit Union;
- Coordinates and directs preparation of TwinStar credit union’s annual operating budget;
- Monitoring and projecting liquidity requirements;
- Preparing financial projections and evaluations including peer analysis;
- Suggesting strategies based upon results and/or projections from analysis;
- Adhoc project analysis and reporting;
- Supervises, trains, councils and evaluates accounting team’s performance.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting;
- Five or more years experience in the Accounting field, in positions of increasing responsibility;
- Excellent management and leadership skills with the ability to provide clear direction to the department while also functioning as an individual contributor;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels within the company;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, with advanced skill in Excel.
- Prior Credit Union and/or controllership experience is highly desired.
Visit http://www.twinstarcu.com/careers to apply.
Posted in Article Post.