Mortgage Quality Control Auditor
July 23, 2013
Position Title: Mortgage Quality Control Auditor
Reports To: Compliance Director
Put your strong mortgage background and high standards of excellence to work at the newly formed Northwest Compliance CUSO–credit union service organization–based in Olympia and owned jointly by four large Washington credit unions. The Mortgage Quality Control Auditor is an exciting new position in an innovative company dedicated to providing top notch compliance services to its members.
Perform quality control/quality assurance assigned audits, including prefunding, post-closing, and random/discretionary audits. Responsibilities include reviewing mortgage loans for adherence to company standards, investor and agency guidelines, regulatory compliance laws; the preparation and distribution of audit exception notifications and reports; communicating audit exceptions to appropriate parties; and, facilitating corrective action as necessary. The Mortgage Quality Control Auditor will conduct pre and post-closing quality control loan reviews on conforming and/or non-conforming loans submitted and identify potential red flags or causes of concerns that may not be listed under established audit criteria.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the mortgage industry. Experience must be in underwriting or Quality Control, or a combination thereof. Familiarity with closing documentation required.
- Thorough knowledge of all conventional and governmental underwriting guidelines, including Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac / FHA / VA / USDA lending guidelines and quality control requirements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to articulate complex scenarios in a narrative format and provide detailed reports based upon audit findings.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Office), with the ability to learn new software and to summarize and present data in an effective manner. Ability to use the internet for research.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work independently and as a team member.
This position will remain open until filled.
WSECU is managing the hiring process for the Northwest Compliance Group. Please apply online at www.wsecu.org.