Loss Prevention Specialist I
July 23, 2013
Our Loss Prevention Specialist ensures that collection on all delinquent loans is performed in a legal and timely manner. This individual will be responsible for ensuring all means possible are taken on delinquent loans before the loan is charged off.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Reviews status of delinquent accounts and initiates appropriate collection action; prepares written correspondence on delinquent accounts.
- Performs credit investigations and counsels members with delinquent loans in person and via phone in order to determine repayment schedules, securities, loan problems.
- Helps members discern which loan alternatives and financial arrangements best suit their needs and provides financial counseling as appropriate.
- Completes processing of all transactions in accordance with credit union policies and procedures, and ensures an audit train is available.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year experience in a member service position with a financial institution is required.
- Previous loss prevention experience is preferred.
- Credit union experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize a personal computer and to learn new technologies in a timely manner.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to learn and quickly become familiar with credit union processes and procedures.
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays as business needs require.
A Great Place to Work!
Advantis Credit Union is Oregon’s fourth largest credit union, with over 50,000 members and five branches in the Portland metro area. Along with an excellent benefits package, our team is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally.
Our competitive advantage is our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through excellence, innovation, and serving as trusted advisors to our members. If you are looking for an organization that will recognize you for your results and empower you to reach your potential, we urge you to apply online at: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ADVANTISCU&cws=1&rid=223
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted in Article Post.