July 22, 2013
Division/Department: Training Department
Reports To: SVP Client Services
Direct Reports: N/A
FSLA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: February 2012
Salary Range: $43,750 – $64,500 / DOE
Salary Level/Grade Range: 2 / 7-10
MISSION/PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Training Manager is responsible for the planning, organizing, leading and supervising MAP’s client training programs and departmental responsibilities. This individual will work with clients, business partners and staff to plan, develop and update curriculum, and to ensure client education and satisfaction levels are achieved. This role includes the administration of MAP user groups, coordination of quarterly and annual educational events and administration of MAP educational facility and related systems.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and deliver successful and effective training for new and existing MAP products and clients
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of new and existing client training programs, curriculums, project plans, on-boarding materials and departmental resources.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of new and existing staff training programs, curriculums, project plans, on-boarding materials and departmental resources.
- Identify on an ongoing basis potential course gaps and/or needs and coordinate with teams and product groups to attain solutions.
- Recruit and manage external/internal trainers to support client objectives, training initiatives and company/departmental goals.
- Publish and maintain an annual training calendar to support client and company training goals.
- Work with Product Development and Delivery, Client Services, Implementation and Marketing Departments in the development and/or update of product curriculum, training programs, tutorials and tools as needed.
- Manager of Client User Group program and related activities
- Ongoing Training
- Regularly initiate and engage MAP departmental staff regarding development of client training sessions, materials and instruction on product enhancements, client and industry updates and business partner information.
- Work with functional groups to plan and develop new and updated curriculum as needed.
- Keep current with adult learning methodology and update programs and plans to effectively leverage new models as appropriate.
- Support the promotion, marketing and sales of MAP training programs with clients.
- Facilitate and/or present one-on-one sessions, webinars, or group engagements and training sessions on MAP products, services and systems to achieve client and internal staff training goals.
- Training Events
- Organize and coordinate all MAP Education Sessions
- Serve as a leader in the development and implementation of MAP’s Annual Conference
- Work with Marketing and Communications in the promotion, planning and production of educational events.
- Training Materials/Tutorials/Training Library
- Develop MAP-specific Product Training Materials across all product lines.
- Prepare course materials such as PowerPoint presentations, syllabus, agendas and handouts.
- Supervise the development of MAP’s online tutorials.
- Develop and regularly maintain MAP’s Library of Client Training and Instructional Documentation to ensure all staff and clients may access current materials.
- Budget and Facilities
- Development and management of annual department strategic goals and budget.
- Proven business leader with a track record in successfully developing and executing plans on time and within budget.
- Proper Evaluation of Training Programs
- Develop Assessment Tools to gage success of Training Program.
- Create course evaluations and summary statistics of Training Program.
Scope, Complexity and Judgment Required
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills are necessary, including public speaking skills and the ability to present the complex product materials in a positive way to diverse populations.
- Exercise clear, focused communications with clients and staff regarding training applications and training materials.
- Coordinate regular meetings with MAP partners, particularly Visa, to ensure MAP has the most current product and training documentation.
- Has direct responsibility for development and delivery of Member Access Pacific client-based trainings.
- Conduct training programs according to annual calendar (average 20-25 annually).
- Staying current with MAP and client business objectives by building effective relationships with staff, partners and clients.
- Participate in and promote course and program assessments and feedback processes to client training goals are measured and achieved.
- Continuous updating of course materials and resources is required.
- Work with staff and partners to plan and develop courses and training materials.
- Ensure course materials accurately reflect and support the strategic goals of MAP.
- Ensure all course materials are fully prepared prior to client events.
- Sound technical knowledge of MAP products and services.
- Stay abreast of the latest training and course development practices to ensure training delivery is engaging and effective.
- Supervise the development of online tutorials.
- Liase with and supervise external consultants and/or trainers in the development of curriculum or training courses.
- Provide follow-up training support for clients queries as needed in a timely manner
- Provide MAP departments with event evaluations and statistical data.
- Ensure travel and expenses are within budget guidelines and reported in a timely manner
- Reports directly to the SVP Client Services.
- Position requires trainer to work independently with all Member Access Pacific clients and business development related opportunities, as assigned.
- Must be a self-starter and resourceful and creative problem solver.
- MAP staff or contracted services to prepare and deliver training materials.
Principal Relationships/Key Contacts
- Member Access Pacific business units
- Member Access Pacific President/CEO
- Member Access Pacific clients and future clients
- Miscellaneous Suppliers and Agencies
- Licensed Vendors
Education / Knowledge
- BA or equivalent degree in education or a related field required.
- Specialized knowledge of Windows and online applications, including Microsoft Office and E-Learning Software Platforms required.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred. 6-8 years of relevant work experience in financial services, EFT services, education, or related field required.
- Solid experience in curriculum development, webinar training and course development required, preferably within financial services industry.
- Accomplished public speaker, comfortable working with diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to assess, develop, and deliver client trainings within budget guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Ability to listen proactively and respond appropriately, addressing intended and expressed needs with a satisfactory conclusion for all parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to assess and formulate written solutions that may include correspondence, emails, proposals, presentations, evaluations of current or proposed client and business activity. Curriculum and course development.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities with attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong relationship-building and promotional skills.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work with Member Access Pacific business staff and partners in a collaborative manner and as part of a team.
- Strong ability to learn new topics quickly.
- Sit and work for long periods of time (75-100%)
- Read documents necessary to the daily performance of essential functions (75-100%)
- Competently operate standard office equipment: personal computer, telephone, photocopier and fax machines (75-100%)
- View a computer terminal for extended periods of time while producing documents, conducting research and working with clients (75-100%)
- Lift boxes and equipment weighing up to 30 pounds (15-30%)
- Travel offsite and operate a motor vehicle for moderate periods of time (15-30%)
- Flexible hours, overnight and weekend travel required (10-20%)
- Valid driver’s license to operate a motor vehicle within Washington State.
- Successfully pass a background check.
Interested applicants may contact Kim Barsaloux, Member Access Pacific, at email@example.com or 206-787-1623.