Purchasing Manager – Anchorage, Alaska
July 22, 2013
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is a federally chartered financial services cooperative with branch offices throughout Alaska, Western Washington, and California’s High Desert region. In addition the credit union has operations centers in Anchorage, Alaska and Apple Valley, California, and a data center and mortgage operations office in Glendale, Arizona. The credit union is the largest provider of consumer financial services in Alaska, with growing membership in Washington and California. Alaska USA also provides business, insurance, title and escrow, and trust services in selected markets.
The credit union owns and operates Alaska USA Mortgage Company, with offices in Alaska, California, and Washington, Alaska USA Insurance Brokers, with offices in Alaska and Washington, as well as Alaska USA Title Agency, and Alaska USA Trust Company in the state of Alaska.
Facts about Alaska USA
- Founded in 1948
- Over 477,000 members in all 50 states and around the world
- Over $5.3 billion in assets
- 65 branches in Alaska, California, and Washington
- Most branches open seven days a week
- Financial Centers in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Soldotna, and Wasilla
- Offers consumer and commercial deposit and loan services, as well as mortgage and real estate loans, insurance, investments and investment management, and title and escrow closing services
- Credit union accounts federally insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF)
Alaska’s largest credit union is hiring a Purchasing Manager to oversee the management of purchasing policy and administration, contract review and vendor risk management, and the purchasing and corporate card functions of the credit union and its’ subsidiary CUSOs.
Duties and Responsiblities:
- Develop, recommend and establish as approved and/or directed by executive management:
- Enterprise-wide policies, procedures and guidelines related to vendors and other third-party service providers.
- Vendor and third-party provider due-diligence standards and procedures. Oversee enterprise-wide vendor due-diligence.
- Enterprise-wide contract standards to ensure timely and efficient vendor performance and compliance with related laws and regulations.
- Investigate and employ available technologies to minimize manual processes related to purchasing, contract review and vendor management and purchasing cards.
- Ensure appropriate management and accounting control over purchasing, contract enterprise-wide compliance with related policies and procedures.
- Oversee the review of vendor and third-party contracts and relationships to identify, quantify and report to executive management the contractual risks assumed by Alaska USA in such business relationships.
- Ensure the completeness and timely maintenance of the enterprise-wide contract data base.
- Coordinate and mediate issues arising among vendors or third-party providers and departments within the organization, as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Logistics, Supply Management.
Knowledge of accounting to encompass accounts payable, purchasing, contracting, expense management procedures. Requires strong organizational, communication and human-relations skills. Prior experience developing and implementing or auditing policies and procedures for an enterprise with multiple locations and lines of business desired. CPA preferred.
Alaska USA offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are a person with a strong work ethic and are committed to excellence, Alaska USA is the place for you! Alaska USA Federal Credit Union offers a competitive salary/benefits package and bonus opportunities.
Click here to apply online https://www.alaskausa.org/about/employment.asp?t=q
Equal Opportunity Employer