Internal Compliance and Control Officer – Anchorage, Alaska
July 17, 2013
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is a federally chartered financial services cooperative with branch offices throughout Alaska, Western Washington, and California’s High Desert region. In addition the credit union has operations centers in Anchorage, Alaska and Apple Valley, California, and a data center and mortgage operations office in Glendale, Arizona. The credit union is the largest provider of consumer financial services in Alaska, with growing membership in Washington and California. Alaska USA also provides business, insurance, title and escrow, and trust services in selected markets.
The credit union owns and operates Alaska USA Mortgage Company, with offices in Alaska, California, and Washington, Alaska USA Insurance Brokers, with offices in Alaska and Washington, as well as Alaska USA Title Agency, and Alaska USA Trust Company in the state of Alaska.
Facts about Alaska USA
- Founded in 1948
- Over 477,000 members in all 50 states and around the world
- Over $5.3 billion in assets
- 65 branches in Alaska, California, and Washington
- Most branches open seven days a week
- Financial Centers in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Soldotna, and Wasilla
- Offers consumer and commercial deposit and loan services, as well as mortgage and real estate loans, insurance, investments and investment management, and title and escrow closing services
- Credit union accounts federally insured by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF)
Alaska USA Federal Credit Union is searching for an Internal Compliance and Control Officer with strong logical reasoning and extensive experience in financial analysis.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Develop and execute processes, edits and reports that systematically and comprehensively monitor for propriety the activities and related work product of employees of the credit union in order to ensure the accuracy of transactions and member accounts, and to mitigate losses incurred by employee actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and review reports of high risk file maintenance transactions to ensure their propriety.
- Develop and review periodic reports that identify unusual or suspicious inquiry, file maintenance or transaction activity that may represent a breach of policy or pose a risk of loss to the organization; file maintain accounts as necessary with approval from Operations Risk Manager.
- Develop and review periodic reports that identify data fields in member accounts and records that fall outside of expected and reasonable parameters.
- Assist in the development and review of reports that identify the inappropriate use of organization IT resources.
- Research findings, prepare and retain adequate supporting work papers and initiate corrective action, as necessary, appropriate and directed by the Operations Risk Manager.
- Recommend amendments and additions to internal and system controls and edits to improve the quality of work product and reduce operations risks.
- Develop and prepare periodic reports to management that summarize functional activities.
- Complete Suspicious Activity Reports, as directed by the Operations Risk Manager.
Bachelor’s degree in information systems or a business degree with course-work in systems or financial analysis.
Professional attitude and the ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality required. Expert in MS Word, Excel, Access and other database applications. Must have the ability to conduct presentations and have excellent written and oral communication skills. Prior financial institution experience desired.
Alaska USA offers a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are a person with a strong work ethic and are committed to excellence, Alaska USA is the place for you! Alaska USA Federal Credit Union offers a competitive salary/benefits package and bonus opportunities.
Click here to apply online https://www.alaskausa.org/about/employment.asp?t=q
Equal Opportunity Employer