Member Service Representative
July 16, 2013
A Portland area credit union is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to become part of our team as a Member Service Representative.
In accordance with established policies and procedures, serves as a liaison between the members and the Credit Union. Performs all teller transactions as requested by the members. Completes various support functions as assigned by the Senior MSR or Management. Promotes the use of Credit Union services by recommending products based on the individual member’s needs, desires and goals.
- Performs a variety of duties assigned to assist in the daily member service functions.
- Conducts teller transactions as requested by the members including (but not limited
to) deposits, withdrawals, transfers, issuing checks, selling money orders and loan payments.
- Answers phones and provides requested information, handles member complaints or
refers people to the proper department, and returns calls when necessary.
- Posts incoming and outgoing wires.
- Blocks and performs maintenance on member’s accounts as necessary.
- Places stop payments, holds or flags on members accounts when loss or theft is
- Orders replacement ATM, debit or VISA cards when needed.
- Posts mail and night drop deposits and payments.
- Must answer questions regarding Credit Union products and services, therefore,
must possess a basic knowledge of all products offered.
- May balance coin machine.
- Must assist other members of the department when needed.
- Must perform as part of the team.
- May open new accounts.
- Will perform various month end duties as assigned.
- Interfaces with other departments to complete job tasks and fulfill member
- Must also perform any other duties, including filling in in other departments as
assigned by the Sr. MSR and/or Management.
- Must adhere to Credit Union employee performance standards.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and documentation.
- The ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work independently or as a team.
- Must possess good communication skills, including effective telephone skills,
and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to do multiple tasks and projects at the same time.
- The flexibility to make immediate and unscheduled job changes.
- he willingness to accept and learn from constructive criticism.
- Able to stay focused on a task until completed.
- An understanding and a willingness to meet required deadlines.
- An understanding of the necessity of complete accuracy in all member service
- The ability and the willingness to work within all performance standards of the Credit Union.
- Proficient in the use of computers.
- Willingness to continue education to increase job efficiency.
- Must keep current on regulations and policies.
Basic Skills Required:
- High school graduate; some college preferred
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in the banking industry, preferably in a credit union environment.
- Ability to demonstrate efficient and accurate 10 key.
- Proficient in the use of the computer.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The willingness and ability to cross sell services
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
The successful candidate will receive an excellent salary and a full benefits package. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.