July 11, 2013
Job Title: Internal Auditor
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Department: Internal Audit Department
Conducts operational, financial, information technology and compliance internal audits and consultations for the credit union under the direction of the Internal Audit Manager. Leads in coordination and support of different audit initiatives and engagements, and will assist independent analyses, evaluations and recommendations.
- Demonstrate support of corporate values, mission and vision. Perform transactions and other job duties consistently within these standards and in accordance with the guidelines of our laws and regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of accounting theory and methods, management and organizational principles and statistical methods.
- Analyze and solve complex problems, and appraise figures, results, trends, or data of a specialized nature, drawing conclusions dealing with a variety of concrete and non create variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Recommend suggestions for improving compliance policies, procedures, and disclosures.
- Prepare written reports on risk-based internal audit reviews, including findings, analyses, conclusions, and recommend actions.
- Assist on and/or conduct internal audits, examinations, and consulting projects, including research, planning, risk assessment, interviewing, sampling, testing and analysis, reporting and recommendation formulation, and completion of work papers.
- Review the suitability of internal control design.
- Perform financial and operational audits, testing and evaluating controls for soundness and adequacy, and determining compliance with organizational and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Maintains working knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and performs audits in accordance with IIA Internal Auditing Standards.
- Performs special reviews at the request of the Supervisory Committee.
- Maintains audit files in an organized and professional manner.
- Assist regulatory examiners, external auditors, and other regulatory agencies as directed by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality within the audit functions and administrative offices relative to any information received directly or indirectly at all times.
- Maintains effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- Maintains professional and community contacts as related to job responsibilities.
- Works independently and as a team member while making recommendations and using sound judgment.
- Attends work-related courses and seminars, and pursues a program of self-development.
- Contributes to effective department and credit union operations by performing other duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with other staff members, independent audit staff, credit unions, etc. for the purpose of responding to questions with audits or preparing work aids, manuals, policies and processes for use by Credit Union staff.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance, and/or CIA/CISA designation.
- Minimum of three years experience auditing compliance with all federal regulations to include Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) is required.
- Experience with banking compliance, including AML, Patriot Act, and ACH strongly preferred.
- Possesses a working knowledge of general regulatory rules impacting financial services industry (Truth in Lending/Savings, Equal Credit Opportunity, Electronic Funds, HMDA).
- Intermediate level with personal computers and word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Possesses high level of accuracy, attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and use good judgment in performing audits.
- Ability to provide unbiased and impartial recommendations or decisions.
- Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather, collate, and/or classify data; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes.
- Ability to maintain member and non-member confidentiality.
- Ability to drive to other branches, as requested.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional image through effective oral and written communication, and dress.
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Requires the ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Requires the ability to stand, lift, bend, and stretch.
- Requires the ability to work in an office environment.
To apply visit our website at http://www.KitsapCU.org
Kitsap Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.