Teller Coordinator – McMinnville
July 9, 2013
Job Code: 1306-018
Job Type: Full Time
Branch Location: McMinnville
Location: Mcminnville, OR
Position Title: Teller Coordinator
Reports To: Branch Management Team
Under the direction of the Branch Management Team, perform front-line lead teller duties including balancing and maintaining the branch cash vault; training and mentoring tellers through modeling appropriate processes and service techniques; overseeing operational duties and performing account adjustments. Assist with management of lobby, including scheduling and assisting with platform transactions. Support and reinforce service-to-sales opportunities in accordance with OnPoint’s member service standards.
- Performs all teller duties, including maintaining a cash drawer within Cash Drawer Balancing policy guidelines.
- Leads by example to reinforce sales and service culture by modeling effective behaviors to identify cross-sell opportunities and refers to appropriate lobby staff.
- Assists with resolving complex transactions, reviewing exceptions, identifying/offering solutions, locating outages, and balancing cash drawers/vault, and stays within established branch limits.
- Assists Branch Management team in managing lobby traffic. Coordinates the work schedule for the branch.
- Maintains teller cash balancing spreadsheet and notifies Branch Management of outages outside of balancing guidelines in a timely manner.
- Provides input to Management pertaining to overall performance and developmental opportunities.
- Maintains/balances vault/coin machine according to branch cash limits/standards. Orders/verifies incoming/outgoing cash deliveries, and disburses/receives cash orders from staff.
- Demonstrates all member service standards and is an advocate of OnPoint culture.
- Performs any necessary audits or other procedures as outlined in the Branch Security Manual/Log.
- Ensures negotiable items, cash drawers, and work stations are properly secured at the end of each business day.
- Performs additional duties as required by Management for the overall operation of the branch.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to effectively perform a variety of job duties, tasks, and project deadlines simultaneously while supporting coworkers.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to support, lead and motivate others to perform their best.
- Proficient in counting cash, arithmetic, ten-key, and basic computer skills.
- Communication skills that are clear/effective in writing, in person and by phone.
- Demonstrates high level of member service, professionalism, sales, problem solving, organization, motivation to accomplish defined goals, and self-management skills.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time on a daily basis.
- Able to assist or lift 50-pound bags of coin on a daily basis.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of teller work experience.
- Experience working in a strong sales environment with defined sales and service goals preferred.
- Previous team leader/supervisor experience strongly recommended.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of cash handling practices, products and services, operational policies and procedures, compliance, and reinforces defined individual/team goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Click here to apply online.