Teller – 205 Place
July 9, 2013
Job Code: 1307-003
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Mall 205 Place
Location: Portland, OR
Position Title: Teller
Reports To: Branch Management Team
Under the direction of the Management Team, Tellers perform a variety of member account transactions, which include, proper documentation of cash and checks, offering and cross-selling financial products and services, fraud prevention. Provides exceptional member service, in a professional manger, to co-workers, business partners, and overall membership.
- Responsible for exceptional member service to include eye contact, welcome greeting, thanking the member by name, interest and willing to help, energy in body language and tone, friendly comments and ensuring members needs are fulfilled.
- Performs and documents over the counter transactions as identified in the teller habit pattern.
- Understands and determines acceptability of negotiable items and member identification.
- Identifies and addresses member questions and concerns to offer solutions.
- Listens for clues in order to identify cross-sale opportunities. Refers to appropriate staff members or opens product/service as appropriate.
- Assists with lobby management traffic to ensure members are being helped in a timely manner and feel welcome.
- Performs outbound calling to expand or retain existing member relationships.
- Maintains cash drawer and balances within guidelines established by Credit Union.
- Able to assist or lift 50-pound bags of coin.
- Stands for extended periods of time as required (up to four hours at a time).
- Performs any additional duties as required by the Management Team.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to coordinate a variety of assignments simultaneously and prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually to consistently meet and exceed set goals determined by the Credit Union.
- Proficient in counting cash, arithmetic, ten-key and basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of member service, sales, interpersonal communication skills, problem solving, motivation to accomplish set goals, organization and self-management skills.
- A minimum of 6 – 12 months prior Teller experience within a financial institution, retail sales, or a customer service position involving cash handling experience required.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
- High School graduate or GED required.
Click here to apply online.