Operations Specialist – Business Accounts
July 9, 2013
Job Code: 1306-007
Job Type: Full Time
Branch Location: Montgomery Park
Location: Portland, OR
Position Title: Operations Specialist – Business Specialist
Reports To: Assistant Manager, Operations
Responsible for and act as the first point of contact for Account Support and other departments in Operations. This position will act as a primary resource for any business deposit/account questions. This includes opening and servicing business accounts and dealing with legal questions and account research. Responsibilities include playing a key role in providing new business product offerings and working on projects throughout OnPoint to help increase our share of the business market. This person will also be responsible for gaining the knowledge to answer all questions based on the topics listed below in “Desired Skills”.
- Provide professional, high-quality service to members and all OnPoint employees.
- Consistently demonstrate exceptional teamwork.
- Provide input and solutions to increase operational efficiencies.
- Assist in controlling department expenses.
- Comply with all security and confidentiality procedures.
- Follow all internal control procedures.
- Assist with completing various tasks within Operations and throughout OnPoint as needed.
- Welcomes a challenge and is able to accomplish assignments and projects with minimal supervision and within tight deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be a self-starter with a desire to increase their responsibility and value to OnPoint.
- Ability to independently identify, analyze, and resolve operational and member issues.
- Proven accuracy, thoroughness, and orderliness in performing work assignments.
- Ability to multitask and work with a sense of urgency.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of three to five years’ work experience in a financial institution directly dealing with business relationships, products and services.
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Proven ability to coach branch employees on all business and consumer deposit processes.
- Ability to support and assist branch and member service teams and provide continuous process improvement ideas.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, ability to clearly document changes in procedures.
- Solid understanding of financial institution operations policies, procedures and applicable regulations.
- Experience working with fiduciary accounts, deposit regulation, IRA and IRS Tax Reporting area a plus.
- Extensive understanding of XP Core System
- Knowledge of notary, signature guarantee services in order to assist OnPoint employees.
- Assist in resolving escalated Bill Pay issues
- Account maintenance: Address change, Name Change, New Memberships, Certificates of Deposits
Monday – Thursday: 8:45 – 5:45; Fri 9:15 – 6:15; Saturday once every two to three months
Click here to apply online.