Compliance Risk Specialist
July 9, 2013
Job Code: 1307-002
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Montgomery Park
Location: Portland, OR
Position Title: Compliance Risk Specialist
Reports To: VP/Compliance Director
Assists Compliance Director by leading the Credit Union’s efforts as they relate to compliance with laws and regulations. Primary focuses may include the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Office of Foreign Assets Control, and other related regulations involving anti-money laundering and suspicious activity on members’ accounts; mortgage and consumer lending-related compliance; and/or deposit-related compliance. Researches operational compliance questions and issues. Performs compliance review of marketing materials.
- Supports the Compliance Director in the continued development and implementation of compliance programs and ensures adherence to regulatory agency directives, memoranda, interpretive rulings, laws and regulations affecting the Credit Union.
- Reviews BSA/AML automated system alerts and reports, investigating and researching activity to determine whether identified transactions or suspicious activity meets reportable government agency requirements. Documents analysis of cases, writes up findings, recommends actions. Maintains and adjusts BSA software parameters as needed to provide reliable alerts and results, and trouble-shoots system issues to ensure satisfactory resolution. Assists other business units in reviewing their investigations and implications for suspicious activity reporting.
- Interprets new regulations working in conjunction with impacted business units and processes, to include ensuring that policies and procedures reflect the spirit and intent of such regulations. This may include updating forms, working cooperatively with business units to determine and write procedures that meet both OnPoint and regulatory needs, and testing performance with implemented processes to ensure understanding and compliance.
- Responds to branch and department inquiries about compliance issues, utilizing appropriate sources for accurate research.
- Stays current on industry standards, trends, and proposed and actual changes relating to relevant compliance topics.
- Supports credit union staff by updating current or drafting new, written policies and procedures.
- Participates on project teams as needed to ensure compliance needs are met for new products and processes.
- Drafts compliance risk assessments.
- Supports Credit Union audit and examination processes.
- Researches operational compliance questions posed by Credit Union personnel, auditors and examiners.
- Reviews marketing messages and materials for compliance and suggests edits as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Compliance Director or SVP/CFO.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of BSA/AML/OFAC, deposit, and/or lending laws and regulations affecting the Credit Union.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with XP2 or similar core operating system, E3 and FICS, or similar mortgage lending origination and servicing systems, and desktop software tools such as Excel, Access and Word.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and coordinate a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and function under limited supervision, while exercising good judgment, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively with various teams, exhibiting strong interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business or related field. Agency certification as a BSA or compliance specialist/expert, and previous experience in compliance and branch operations preferred.
- Minimum one to three years’ experience in pertinent compliance area(s), and related issues and reporting requirements.
- Experience using personal computers to perform responsibilities and generate accurate and meaningful information and reports.
Click here to apply for this position.
Posted in NWCUA.