Vice President of Mortgage Lending
July 5, 2013
The Vice President (VP) of Mortgage Lending is responsible for developing and executing the broad strategy for the mortgage business within BECU. The VP of Mortgage Lending will have profit-and-loss responsibility for the mortgage business and will develop financial and business plans that are aligned with BECU’s annual goals and three-year strategic objectives. The VP of Mortgage Lending is directly responsible for core mortgage operations including sales & market development, underwriting, loan processing and servicing This position will coordinate across departments within BECU to drive credit, product, pricing, marketing and delivery strategies to ensure growth and member engagement objectives are met.
As a senior leader within the organization, the VP of Mortgage Lending will participate in corporate strategic planning activities, and as a member of the Asset and Liability Management (ALM) and Corporate Credit Risk committees, the VP of Mortgage Lending will contribute to key business decisions around risk and balance sheet management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure personnel/member related issues are handled in a fair, consistent manner.
- Excellent oral and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language at all levels in the organization, including executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills including an understanding of product profitability, pricing analysis, and loan loss reserve methodology.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making, and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal regulatory compliance laws.
- Proficient PC skills, with the ability to learn new software.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Vision (or corrected) to the normal range.
- Moderate travel to out-of area locations.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business or related.
- Minimum five to seven years’ management experience.
- Minimum ten years’ mortgage experience, including leadership of large-scale mortgage loan fulfillment and servicing operations.
- Experience in short range (one year) and long range (three to five years) planning.
- Experience delivering mortgage products through retail branch network and retail or consumer direct mortgage channels is required; experience in wholesale and correspondent channels is preferred.
- Experience and in developing and executing strategies to build and sustain a purchase mortgage business.
- Formal process improvement experience is preferred (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean)
BECU reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. EEO/AA
Candidates should reply to www.becu.org/careers.
Posted in Article Post.