Director of Brand Management
July 2, 2013
Position Code: 636
# of openings: 1
The Director of Brand Management is responsible to provide strategic direction and leadership in merging the Communication and Advertising units to achieve greater synergies. The unit focuses on communication services and media relations, digital and new media, coordination of marketing activities, creative and design services, advertising, brand and trademark management. The team will drive the STCU message, style and brand forward with innovative and active approaches.
Processes and Communications
- Responsible for the leadership and supervision of the conceptual and creative processes and the production of all information, including publications, e-newsletters, mass e-mails, e-blasts, brand management, print advertising, online advertising, and social media messaging and promotions.
- Oversee the concepts intended to promote or market STCU to prospective members, current members, community, staff and industry in collaboration with the Vice President – Marketing.
- Provide strategic direction in establishing and refreshing the visual identity of STCU.
- Provide art direction to the employees in Creative Service and maintains the credit union brand, ensuring consistency across all platforms.
- Responsible for editorial content and managing content across all marketing platforms including print, online and broadcast and via our internal communication channels.
- Communicate information in print and over electronic media to various audiences and make decisions on ensuring the correct method(s) is used to convey messages.
- Lead creative concept meetings with all departments, prepare presentations, and provide direct communication to enhance client relationship with the internal staff and help create a collaborative environment for enhancing existing creative services, and exploring new and additional services.
Team Development and Leadership
- Manage the performance, training requirements, and professional development of employees, including planning, needs assessments, design and development and evaluation of leadership skills.
- Provide effective leadership, mentoring and coaching to team members in order to assist them in reaching their career goals, increase their competency and promote team depth and unity.
- Communicate department direction and enable team members to perform at the highest standards.
- Supervise the department/staff to include delegation of work assignments, coaching and feedback, rewards and recognition, and effective communication to include timely resolution of more complex departmental issues as well cross-departmental issues, conflicts and/or concerns.
- Recommend and make changes in staffing levels, basic structure and/or organization of the department to ensure effective completion of objectives.
- Requisition new positions as needed and coordinate and participate in the interviewing, hiring and training of team members as necessary.
- Must collaborate and engage with the Director of eBusiness and the eBusiness team for marketing purposes.
- Oversee the Brand Management budget. Maintain appropriate records and adhere to procedures for all projects.
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise and stay abreast of current and developing trends in desktop publishing; social media strategies; and the credit union industry, Internet, Intranet, and Web related technologies through professional reading, attending industry conferences, participating in professional development activities (training and education) and participating in industry professional associations.
- Make recommendations to manager on new programs and existing program improvements that enhance STCU’s efforts and further our strategic goals.
- Strategically review annual projects and plan for projects accordingly.
- Contribute as an effective project team member and complete all tasks and assignments in a timely manner.
- Teach Marketing Brand Management training as needed within organization.
- Perform additional tasks as required by the management or other designated individuals for efficient operation of the organization.
Standards of Conduct
- Contribute to the development of STCU’s culture and strategic vision; the achievement of organizational goals; and support and emulate the Core Values.
- Ethics and Integrity
- Learning Agility
- Setting Vision and Strategy
- Developing Others
- Communicating Effectively
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Building/Maintaining Relationships
Compliance, Security and Disaster Recovery
- Maintain security and fraud controls to protect assets.
- Address Security and Disaster Recovery issues or concerns as they arise and make recommendations for improvements or resolutions.
- Maintain, recommend changes and communicate the disaster recovery plan for the department.
- Ensure department operates in full compliance with policies and other rules, regulations & lending guidelines, and the related laws of the states in which we conduct business.
- Ensure personal knowledge of, as well as staff adherence to all regulations, compliance standards and laws and how these apply to department operations.
Procedures and Process Improvement
- Recognize and suggest procedure and process improvement for the department.
- Implement changes under the direction of the Management Team.
- Dedicate time for self-development for on-going leadership, technical, and personal growth.
- Stay informed of developing issues in all functional areas
- Minimum Requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts or Communications/Marketing or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in the design field to include print and online design, production, and publishing for web.
- Requires high level of creativity and innovation.
- Minimum of five years’ leadership experience.
- Ability to carry out leadership responsibilities according to STCU’s policies.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, with ability to interface with all positions at varying levels of competencies.
- Ability to conceptualize and interpret verbal and written language exceptionally well to ensure everyone on the Marketing team understands the direction and the needs of the member.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Requires high level of organizational skills to ensure multiple deadlines and milestones are met.
- Ability to adapt to changes, research new innovative solutions with the latest technology, and prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Ability to analyze target audiences and make decisions based on personas and research data.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours to include traveling to North Idaho and eastern Washington.
- Ability to speak, hear and see.
- Requires sitting and/or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Ability to occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 lbs.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Posted in NWCUA.