July 1, 2013
The Project Manager coordinates the execution of cross-departmental initiatives in order to achieve business objectives. This position defines project goals, scope, approach, and overall task plan for projects of various complexity, priority, and risk. The Project Manager will lead efforts, with key managerial input, in the development and execution of the Credit Union’s overall project management strategy.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintains monthly reports; tracks action items, issues, risks, decisions, status reports, and timelines.
- Supports multi-disciplinary initiative workgroups in the development of detail plans and tools to meet objectives.
- Reviews, creates, and updates professional training materials, policies, procedures, and guidelines to assist in management of projects.
- Identifies and works to remove obstacles to successful completion of the overall project management process.
- Creates meeting agendas and outlines; tracks issues and decision making processes, and provides status reports and documentation management.
- Serves as mentor and coach by assisting team members throughout the project management process.
- Maintains effective vendor relationships to ensure cost effective use of products and services.
- Participates in creation and monitoring of project budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the job functions.
- 2+ years experience in previous project management role.
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize, and deliver on projects within constrained timelines.
- Ability to interact with executive management in a professional manner to coordinate, develop, and implement cross-departmental projects.
- Prior project management experience in a financial institution preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- PMP certification preferred.
A Great Place to Work!
Advantis Credit Union is Oregon’s fourth largest credit union, with over 50,000 members and five branches in the Portland metro area. Along with an excellent benefits package, our team is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally.
Our competitive advantage is our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through excellence, innovation, and serving as trusted advisors to our members. If you are looking for an organization that will recognize you for your results and empower you to reach your potential, we urge you to apply online at: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ADVANTISCU&cws=1&rid=216
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted in Article Post.