IT Coordinator/Business Analyst
June 25, 2013
TITLE: IT Coordinator/Business Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Information Systems/Technology
2821 Hewitt Ave.
Everett, WA 98201
REPORTS TO: VP Information Systems
SALARY LEVEL: $36,816—$50,864
The Business Analyst is involved with a full range of activities which ensure the operational effectiveness of the credit union. The Business Analyst is a Project Manager that oversees projects and project teams. Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge and skill related to technical and business operations. Communicate status of projects. The Analyst ensures that the technical solutions being implemented will satisfy the needs of the credit union. Assist with Network Administration for the local and wide area networks; including deployment of software updates on desktop PC’s. Complete other duties as required.
NW Plus offers an excellent benefits package for the employee including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, life insurance, and a strong match with the employer-sponsored 401(k) retirement program. In addition, employees may qualify for an annual bonus based upon achievement of annual organizational goals. Employees also enjoy a competitive Paid Time Off benefit. Employees enjoy a positive and professional work environment working with peers that are dedicated to excellent service to the members of the Credit Union.
- Creates and maintains project schedules by developing project plans, estimates timelines, establishes deadlines, monitoring milestone completion, coordinates actions, and resolves conflicts.
- Conducts project meetings.
- Meets with project teams regularly to review project details and deadlines
- Meets with key personnel on the project deliverables – implementation & training.
- Collaborates with Senior Management to achieve strategic, tactical and project goals..
- Provides single point of contact for assigned projects.
- Identifies and coordinates assignments of internal resources and external contractors.
- Works with appropriate personnel to allocate time to project tasks and to track progress of the work.
- Assess and prepares the operational impacts, workflow, training, etc.
- Providing user training on an as-needed basis.
- Provide leadership in developing all IT projects and assist the Network Administrator to implement 3rd party applications at all NW Plus branches.
- Serve as an information resource for users, including determination of the most appropriate data source and educating users to access information.
- Interacts with vendors to identify opportunities for improvement in the operations and processes.
- Remain knowledgeable of operations and the computer systems within client departments to provide comprehensive support.
- Help maintain and communicate a computer security policy. Ensure that appropriate controls are in place and documented.
- Assist in the preparation of written documentation of technology standards.
- Monitor user proficiency in applications and provide on-going assistance learning new systems.
- Ensure that all system updates are communicated to users. Update online scripts to reflect any resulting changes in systems, departmental procedures, or policies.
- Must possess a working knowledge of desktop computers running Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Experience with major business applications – financial preferred.
- Must have good communication skills and be able to work well with people in all levels of the credit union.
- Must be able to consistently demonstrate tact, courtesy, reliability while carrying out assigned duties.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and requests for assistance in an organized manner with little or no supervision.
- Work independently.
- Must have excellent ‘member service’ attitude and work ethic.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation.
- Analysis and Reporting
- Communication and Presentation
- Information and Technology Proficiency
- Leadership and Negotiation
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Technical Industry and/or Profession Expertise