Business Services Assistant
June 19, 2013
Position Primary Purpose:
Assists and supports the Director of Member Business Lending and Member Business Deposit Manager. Administer Business Lending Department workflow to provide excellent service to member contact personnel and perform back-office functions.
Provides support to Director of Member Business Lending and Member Business Deposit Manager including the supervision of the day to day operations of the Member Business Lending Department.
Supervises department workflow and build consistency as well as efficiency in the following areas.
- Commercial Loan applications: Input, monitor and track on a monthly basis.
- Annual reviews: Ensure timely annual reviews and document performance against covenants and conditions.
- Compliance: Ensure the Department is compliant with all policies, procedure and regulatory requirements.
Works recurring reports. Builds and monitors special reports as needed for Business Group to monitor risk and realize opportunities and aid in department.
Ensures the department will adhere to all regulations, policies and procedures.
Acts as primary point of contact for all internal and external audits and will ensure satisfactory audit results.
Assigns incoming and ongoing special projects to insure balance of work within department to meet Directors timelines.
Participates in Department sales planning and communication with the Marketing Department to build and support loan and deposit growth.
Develops a thorough understanding of the procedures relating to the opening and servicing of deposit accounts and loans our software systems.
Actively participates in the training of frontline and back-office staff.
Works with BDO’s to build an effective outbound marketing plan to ensure that tracking is implemented and department growth goals are achieved.
Aids Director in completion of administrative tasks such as timecards and expense reports and interviews etc.
Aids Director in completion of Business cases for department enhancements.
Maintains communication with Director regarding daily situations which may affect quality and service of departmental operations.
Aids Director in development of annual operating plans and monthly reports
Maintains contact and develops relationships with Vendors. Continually apprise the Director with any issues or concerns or opportunities.
- Consistently responds to all correspondences, e-mails and phone calls in a timely manner.
- May perform a variety of duties as requested by the Chief Lending Officer.
- Represents the Credit Union at trade functions and meetings.
- Increases experience through continued exposure to all phases of department operations.
- Provides continuing support to branches and other departments with regard to all aspects of lending.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and work in other departments and branches as required.
Previous Experience: Working knowledge of business lending and deposit procedures, policies and guidelines; three years’ experience in a member service position of a financial institution.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Courses related to finance would be valuable.
- Ability to provide leadership for member service specialists by modeling superior service/sales skills.
- Maintains consistent high standards in areas of accuracy, thoroughness, completeness, and neatness of documentation, system input and correspondence.
- Well-developed skills in making sound, independent loan decisions.
- Superior level of knowledge and procedural expertise in the savings and certificate programs, types of loans offered, features and benefits of all Credit Union services and products required.
- Strong, well developed interpersonal, communication and interviewing skills to determine existing and/or potential members’ needs. Demonstrated ability to communicate with members in a business like manner which will enhance the Credit Union’s overall image.
- Analytical ability to conduct an analysis of an applicant’s credit status and recommend alternatives when appropriate.
- Ability to organize work in order to give prompt attention to member’s request, while at the same time meeting deadlines for work processing.
- Demonstrated skills in member related account transactions. Ability to interpret and explain Credit Union policies and transactions posted to members’ accounts.
- Ability to cross sells Credit Union products and services effectively and accurately.
- Ability to function effectively as a member of a team or on individual tasks and assignments.
- Capability for effective use of office machines and data processing systems to perform duties as required.
Continuous sitting for long periods of time when providing services to members and carrying out other responsibilities. Occasional lifting up to 10 pounds. Frequent bending, squatting, or kneeling to reach supplies on ground level. Occasional reaching above shoulder level for supplies overhead. Continuous use of hands in repetitive tasks such as simple grasping, twisting/turning of wrists; finger dexterity to perform various clerical duties such as typing, writing, and handling money. Continuous speaking and hearing for interaction with members and coworkers. Continuous clarity of vision at 20 inches or less for normal processing of members’ transactions. Frequent clarity of vision at 20 feet or more for security purposes.
Continuous alertness, precision, and concentration to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of documentation and transactions. Continuous alertness of surroundings for security purposes. Continuous performance of basic numeric calculations, as well as writing, reading, comparing, and analyzing. Occasional performance of complex numeric calculations. Frequent use of judgment, reasoning, patience, and negotiation in solving members’ problems and cross selling services. Frequent use of initiative, ingenuity, and creativity in identifying members’ needs and solving members’ problems. Continuous memory demands in recalling Credit Union policies, services, and state and federal regulations.
Length of workday is unpredictable. May have to work long hours to balance books because of computer failure or unusually heavy member traffic. Exposed to potentially hazardous condition, i.e., robbery. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize the risk. Occasional travel is required.
Visit http://www.nwcu.com for more information and too apply.
Posted in Article Post.