June 18, 2013
A Portland credit union is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Service Specialist!
This position will involve working in all departments of the Credit Union. The chosen individual will receive a variety of work assignments and perform all job functions of a relationship processor, accounting representative, member service representative, and credit assistant.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Present a professional image through personal appearance, language, and written communication.
- Consistently communicate the Credit Union philosophy of “people helping people” through positive approach to all member relations.
- Field member inquiries and reply promptly and positively consistent with Credit Union objectives even when presented with difficult circumstances; interpret member needs and recommend services to meet those needs.
- Perform member financial transactions and prepare letters, maintain computer records, and format reports; data input.
- Perform member transactions by telephone, drive-up window, or in office.
- Execute tasks with accuracy, neatness, and confidentiality.
- Work independently with little supervision or effectively within a group; utilize resources for effective problem solving; following inquiry to ensure amicable result for the member.
- Maintain a cash drawer and balance daily
- Open, maintain, and close accounts and provide proper disclosures.
- Process loan and visa applications
- Report and file maintenance: Paid in full loans, credit insurance, and vendor insurance.
- Vehicle title processing
- Input member payroll
- Balance payroll reports and general ledger accounts
- Make collection calls
- Prepare documentation for repossession and legal action
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Aptitude to adopt and apply new knowledge quickly
- Reliable attendance; punctuality
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize effectively
- Must have proven leadership skills
- Capable and willing to handle multiple tasks by changing direction at a moment’s notice
- Proficient in keyboarding, word processing, and spreadsheets
- Excellent organizational skills
Education and Experience Required:
- Experience in basic accounting or bookkeeping position
- Familiarity with Credit Union Compliance/NCUA Regulations and other laws applicable to financial institutions
- Minimum high school graduate, additional education in related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years job experience in a financial institute.
Chosen applicant will receive an exceptional compensation and benefits package. Resumes should be directed to email@example.com.
Posted in Article Post.