June 17, 2013
Unitus Community Credit Union recently celebrated 75 years of business history serving its membership and achieving the distinction of being one of the Top 100 Companies to work for in the State of Oregon. We are looking for a financial accountant to join our Accounting/Finance Team to perform moderate to complex accounting in the areas of fair valuation models, interpret and apply accounting standards, assist other departments in resolving accounting application and implementation, and manipulate data for ad hoc and financial reports. The position will assist in researching new accounting pronouncements and recommending presentation of financial performance in the financial statements as well as assist in the filing of the quarterly 5300 Call Reports.
- Assist the accounting and finance team with fair value accounting application and oversight for balance sheet measurements
- Maintain and oversee the month-end financial reporting using Profitstar.
- Be part of the team for the annual budget process; including coordination with departments, and data input and analysis using ProfitStar.
- Prepare and review schedules for the 5300 Call Report as well as gather reports and information to support the regulatory filing.
- Serve as back-up to assist the Accounting Team with entries for the month-end closing process.
- Use data analytical skills to build financial models and assist with managing risk associated with liquidity, credit quality, interest rate and expenses.
- Assist with the year-end consolidated financial reporting cycle by preparing financial tables and presentations in accordance with GAAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance with a minimum 2 years or more work experience in accounting either preparing financial statements, developing and/or maintaining fair value models, analyzing cash flow and skills using databases and report writing software.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, ability to research accounting standards and how to apply the accounting standards.
- Proficiency with using MS Excel.
- Willingness and ability to learn budget and month-end reporting using ProfitStar.
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and initiative in dealing with members, supervisors and partners.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
This position is at our headquarters in downtown southwest Portland, with convenient access to MAX and several bus lines. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. For immediate consideration apply online at www.unitusccu.com.