AVP Consumer & Small Business Lending
June 17, 2013
Assistant Vice President, Consumer & Small Business Lending
Posting date: June 13, 2013
Closing date: Open until filled
Where it’s located: WSECU Corporate Office, 330 Union Ave SE, Olympia, WA, 98501
When you’d work: This is an exempt position, M-F, 40+ hour work week, with scheduling flexibility required to meet business needs
Bring your strong background in consumer lending leadership to the management team at Washington State Employees Credit Union, one of the largest credit unions in the country. The AVP, Consumer & Small Business Lending is an exciting position in a company dedicated to providing top notch financial services and products to its members. Washington State Employees Credit Union (WSECU), located in Olympia WA, is a $1.8 billion dollar, rapidly growing financial institution with 18 branches.
What does the AVP Consumer & Small Business Lending do?
- Plans, directs and oversees the activities of consumer & small business loan origination, underwriting, loan processing and funding areas. This includes oversight of centralized underwriting/loan processing functions for both consumer and small business loans.
- Ensures that consumer lending staff are knowledgeable in all areas of consumer lending and small business loan products, and credit union services, and deliver accurate information to internal/external members and business partners.
- Reports to the VP/Chief Lending Officer.
- Recommends process improvement, system enhancements, technology upgrades, industry updates, restructuring, new product offerings and support of strategic initiatives.
- Serves as project lead or manager on various consumer/small business loan initiatives as well as project team participant on credit union initiatives.
- Provides recommendations to VP/Chief Lending Officer on pricing/fee structure of all consumer/small business loan products and services.
- A key role with potential succession plan implications to the VP/Chief Lending Officer.
What are the requirements and preferred experience?
- B.A. or B.S. in business administration or equivalent years of related work experience is required.
- Eight to ten years or more experience at the management level or above in a financial services institution, or comparable work environment.
- Minimum of five years or more experience in consumer lending and/or collections is required, experience with consumer lending risk management. Consumer lending product development experience highly preferred.
- Minimum of five years or more experience in small business/commercial lending required.
- Thorough knowledge of all state and federal regulations pertaining to collections and consumer loans.
- Extensive experience with budgeting and annual operations planning at the department level.
- Experience with small business/commercial lending risk management and small business/commercial lending product development highly preferred.
- Experience in building a new operating division/product from the ground up, specially related to small business/commercial services, preferably lending related.
What is WSECU all about?
At WSECU, we live and breathe our brand promise to our members. We deliver it every day through top-notch service and whenever possible, we take that service a step further to give our members the help they need and deserve.
We place as much value on our employees as we do our members and it shows. But don’t take our word for it – check out our employee testimonial page and read the stories they’ve shared. Our employee benefits package also receives rave reviews and includes medical, dental, generous leave time and an outstanding 401(k) plan.
We look forward to receiving your resume and learning more about you!
Application Process: To apply, visit jobs.wsecu.org
WSECU is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We also proudly support veterans and those currently serving in the armed forces.