Member Relationship Officer
June 13, 2013
Job Code: 1305-018
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Beaverton
Location: Beaverton, OR
Job Title: Member Relationship Officer
Reports To: Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager
Working in a sales environment, builds and maintains personal and business member relationships by providing a full range of products and services. Profiles members to determine current and future financial needs. Interviews and advises members regarding loan and other product/service requests, including investment needs. Responsible for performing credit underwriting within appropriate authority as well as completing accurate loan documentation.
- Using effective sales techniques assesses current and new members’ financial needs by using effective relationship building and consultative sales techniques. Makes appropriate recommendations for loan, deposit, and insurance products and services.
- Opens new consumer and business accounts including, but not limited to, IRA’s, time deposits, checking, and loans, focusing on retention of current loan and deposit business and develops new business.
- Using the credit-scoring model as a tool, along with solid credit underwriting skills, evaluates loan applications within Credit Union loan policy and makes determination for approval or denial within established credit limits. Refers applications in question or exceeding credit limits to Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager. Advises members of loan decisions and discusses next steps.
- Cross sells additional Credit Union products and services in order to meet/exceed established individual and/or team goals.
- Conducts out-bound calling to members in order to further develop and/or retain lending and deposit relationships.
- Participates as an active member of the branch team by actively pursuing new business member relationships and practicing effective lobby management techniques.
- Performs any additional duties as required by the Assistant Branch manager or Branch Manager for the overall operation of the branch.
- 1-2 years of previous experience in consumer lending within a financial institution required with underwriting skills preferred. High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with both consumer and business accounts.
- Ability to profile members using a consultative selling approach.
- Knowledge of finance and of consumer lending, including the processes involved in analyzing and interpreting information to achieve solid underwriting decisions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Focus XP or similar operating system.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of assignments simultaneously and prioritize work.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and function under limited direct supervision.
Visit http://onpoint.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=3701608&user_id= to apply.