Member Relationship Officer/Service Representative
June 13, 2013
Job Code: 1306-006
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Mill Plain
Location: Vancouver, WA
Job Title: Member Relationship Officer
Reports To: Branch Management Team
Under direction of the Branch Management Team, opens, builds and maintains personal and business member relationships by providing a full range of products and services. Profiles members to determine current and future financial needs. Interviews and advises members regarding loan and other product/service requests, including investment and real estate needs. Responsible for performing credit underwriting within appropriate authority, completing accurate loan documentation, and collection of documents to support loan request and/or secure title or home collateral position. Focuses on professional and exceptional service to include co-workers, business partners, and overall membership to convert service opportunities into sales events.
- Proactively supports the branch team with exceptional member service to include eye contact, active lobby management, checking in with waiting members, interest and willing to help, greeting members warmly and thanking them by name, energy in body language and tone, using friendly comments, and insuring members needs are fulfilled.
- Opens new consumer and business accounts, Fiduciary, IRA’s, CD’s, checking, and loans. Focusing on retention of current loan and deposit business, developing new consumer and business relationships, and utilizing group banking marketing to present and visit local business owners.
- Using effective sales techniques assesses current and new members’ financial needs by using effective relationship building and consultative sales techniques. Makes appropriate recommendations for loan, deposit, GAP, and payment protection to support products and services.
- Acts as liaison between members and off-site employee’s and departments to resolve issues.
- Using the credit-scoring model as a tool, along with credit underwriting skills, evaluates loan applications within Credit Union loan policy and makes determination for approval or denial within established credit limits. Refers applications in question or exceeding credit limits with recommendation to management for review. Advises members of loan decisions, processes necessary paperwork, to secure collateral with accurate documentation while keeping safety and soundness of the Credit Union a priority.
- Cross sells additional Credit Union products and services in order to meet/exceed established individual and/or team goals.
- Conducts outbound calling to members in order to further develop and/or retain lending or deposit relationships.
- Performs any additional duties as required by the Branch Management for the overall operation of the branch.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous experience working with consumer and business accounts.
- Ability to profile members using a consultative selling approach.
- Knowledge of finance and of consumer lending, including the processes involved in analyzing and interpreting information to achieve solid underwriting decisions and correct documentation.
- Ability to coordinate and complete a variety of assignments simultaneously and prioritize work.
- Work effective as part of a team and contribute individually and consistently with the Branch to meet and exceed set goals determined by the Credit Union.
- Ability to be self-directed and work under limited direct supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience in consumer lending and sales within a financial institution or equivalent field with underwriting skills preferred.
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
- High School diploma or GED required.
Visit http://onpoint.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=3727128&user_id= to apply.