Deadline Nears for Herb Wegner Award Nominations
June 13, 2013
June 13, 2013
The National Credit Union Foundation (NCUF) is accepting nominations for the Herb Wegner Memorial Awards until Friday, June 28. Winners will be honored at a gala ceremony on February 24 as part of the Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) in Washington, D.C.
The awards are named in honor of the late Credit Union National Association (CUNA) CEO Herb Wegner, in recognition of his “innovative, creative, risk-taking” leadership. Categories include:
- The Individual Achievement Award honoring an unsung hero for innovative concepts and accomplishments in the last three-five years.
- The Outstanding Organization/Program Award honoring an organization, program or business demonstrating a significant impact on the credit union movement.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award honoring an individual who dedicated his or her life to promoting and having lasting impact on the credit union movement.
Since the awards program was established in 1989, a large number of Northwest credit unions and credit union leaders have been honored including:
- The Oregon Credit Union League for the Credit Unions for Kids program (1999)
- Dennis Cutter, Washington (2006)
- Carol Schillios, Washington (2007)
- Tom Sargent, Oregon (2009)
- Biz Kid$, the national financial literacy television program founded in Seattle (2010)
- Bob Schumacher, Washington-special Anchor Award (2012)
Nomination forms are available online. Nominations must be supported by at least five letters of recommendation citing examples of the nominee’s achievements.
Questions? Contact Lynn Heider: 503.350.2225, email@example.com.