June 13, 2013
Job Code: 1306-001
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Montgomery Park
Location: Portland, OR
Position Title: Collector
Reports To: Collections Supervisor
The role of Collector focuses on the areas of Consumer Loans, PLOC and Credit Cards (early and late stage collections). The Collector provides support to the Collections team through unparalleled service. Assists in ongoing support of work flow within the department and acts as a point of contact within specific area of Collections for one of the following areas: Consumer Loans, PLOC or Credit Cards.
Effectively utilize resources to consistently provide outstanding service to members, branches and other departments. Individual must believe in a service philosophy of owning issues through completion and to exceed service level expectations in every interaction.
Must be a self-starter and strongly motivated to develop through cross-training in other areas of Collections. Works effectively in a team environment. Liaison with members and outside agencies for questions or issues pertaining to past-due loans or negative balance accounts, taking appropriate action with the approval of Supervisor and/or Manager. Able to accomplish assignments and projects with general supervision and within tight deadlines within one or more of the following areas of Consumer Loans, PLOCs and Credit Cards.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Analyze and apply sound collection techniques to reduce delinquencies and negative account balances.
- Maintain accurate records of collection efforts by documenting actions in the collection systems.
- Takes appropriate action as primary point of contact with members and outside agencies.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative and tact during communication with members, outside agencies and other internal employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provide professional, high quality service to members.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations within collections field in order to assist OnPoint members and employees highly desired.
- Knowledge of fiduciary and membership needed in order to audit documentation for accuracy.
- Contribute to a sense of teamwork and purpose within the department.
- Initiate operational efficiencies.
- Comply with all security and confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Manage time and resources to ensure all work is completed accurately and on schedule.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, ability to document procedures.
- Independently identify, analyze, and resolve member issues.
- Understanding of credit union operations, procedures and applicable regulations required.
- Highly organized and ability to effectively multi-task.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one or more years of successful work experience in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of FDCPA guidelines highly desired.
Visit http://onpoint.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=3721415&user_id= to apply.