Assistant Branch Manager
June 13, 2013
Job Code: 1306-009
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Vaughn St.
Location: Portland, OR
Position Title: Assistant Branch Manager
Reports To: Branch Manager
Responsible for assisting and supporting the Branch Manager in leading a team of sales and service professionals to meet and exceed Credit Union established sales goals and service standards. The range of duties will vary depending on branch size and staff, including but not limited to:
- Supervises and coaches teams on the proper behaviors, sales techniques, and service expectations while modeling the same.
- Actively promotes teamwork by working closely with the Branch Manager to ensure support and consistent communication of current/new policies, procedures, and sale/service objectives.
- Spends a majority of time on the sales floor leading from the lobby, by greeting members, directing them to appropriate staff, ensuring the member’s needs are met, and practicing active coaching with staff.
- Demonstrates good analytical skills, judgment and decision-making in lending/operations support and in the supervision of all staff.
- Manages difficult situations with members providing appropriate information and sound advice.
- Supervises the activities of staff to include scheduling, coaching, staff goal achievement, and developmental activities, to include completing individual observation forms weekly/monthly.
- Provides back-up assistance to any area of the branch in need to provide exceptional member service.
- Actively participates in the planning, scheduling, leading and evaluation of effective weekly branch meetings.
- Provides daily/active coaching and training of all staff as outlined in each individual’s development plan.
- Ensures completion of regulatory compliance and training as outlined in the security manual/log (in conjunction with Branch Security Liaison), to include proper cash management of branch.
- Provides input to the Branch Manager on performance appraisals and participates with the Branch Manager in conducting a performance review with the employee.
- Performs any additional duties as required by the Branch Manager for the overall operation, to include managing branch in Branch Manager’s absence.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Models excellent sales and member service behaviors and able to coach others in this area.
- Demonstrated understanding of the correlation between sales & service.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to support, lead and motivate others to perform their best.
- Demonstrates high level of member service, professionalism, sales, problem solving, organization, motivation to accomplish defined goals, and self-management skills.
- Able to coordinate a variety of assignments simultaneously and prioritize work.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team with strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to be self-directed and function under limited supervision.
- Completion of high school education (diploma or GED) required.
- Some college courses in business or accounting preferred. Experience may be substituted for college education.
- 3-5 years branch operations, lending and branch member service experience required.
- Strong background in lending and building full member relationships and has a thorough knowledge of branch operations.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience or demonstrated ability to supervise and promote teamwork strongly preferred.
Visit http://onpoint.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=3727150&user_id= to apply.
Posted in Article Post.