Finance & Human Resources Director
June 5, 2013
As a member of the Leadership Team this position is responsible for providing valuable insights, information, ideas and expert opinions necessary to support the strategic direction and business plan objectives. Responsible for motivating, empowering and impassioning staff in a manner consistent with the Credit Union’s Purpose and philosophy; to create a culture where staff understand they are the key to our success and have a personally vested interest in the Credit Union.
This position is responsible for management oversight of the Accounting Department and Human Resources, and is a member of the Credit Union’s Education/Training Team. Monitor regulatory and compliance issues and initiate necessary changes in programs, policies, procedures and training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee, guide and direct the accounting and human resource functions of the Credit Union.
- Analyze the workflow of the accounting and human resource functions throughout the Credit Union; recommend and implement changes to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Work to develop policies, procedures, programs and strategies to ensure the accounting function of the Credit Union provides a current, ethical and accurate picture of the finances of the Credit Union.
- Maintain chart of accounts for both Credit Union and CUSO; direct staff in monthly review and certification of general ledger balances.
- Ensure timely and reliable preparation of monthly financial reports, quarterly 5300 NCUA Call Report, ALCO reports and other financial reports as necessary.
- Assist in developing policies, procedures, programs and strategies necessary to achieve the Credit Union’s finance and personnel objectives.
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with existing labor or government reporting requirements including but not limited to any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Protects the interests of employees and the credit union in accordance with the credit union’s HR policies, governmental laws and regulations.
- Assist with the compensation and benefits programs; including but not limited to updating the compensation program, conducting and reviewing salary surveys, analyzing compensation, ensuring job descriptions accurately reflect current job responsibilities and monitoring performance evaluation program.
- Assist members of the Leadership Team in coordinating and conducting interviews, hiring, promoting, evaluating, disciplining and termination of staff as needed.
- As part of Education Team, ensure Credit Union wide training programs are established.
- Ensure the CFO is kept fully informed concerning all important factors that influence the Credit Union.
- Handle member complaints and take appropriate action to ensure high quality member service.
- Maintain a strong understanding of Credit Union and CUSO products and services.
- Prepare reports, gather information and make presentations as necessary and directed.
- Develop and maintain community relationships as needed/necessary for the Credit Union to be viewed as a responsible member of the community, and participate in other, similar activities to further the values and viability of the Credit Union movement.
- Ensure employees participate in Credit Union training programs.
- Cooperate and work with co?workers as a team member.
- Comply with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations as promulgated by among others NCUA, FinCEN, US Treasury, FTC, Federal Reserve Bank, Oregon State Department of Consumer & Business-Division of Finance & Corporate Securities to include but not be limited to: Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC, USA PATRIOT Act, FACT Act of 2003, Federal Reserve Regulations, Oregon Revised Statutes 723, and Oregon Administrative Rules 710 & 720.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A Bachelors degree in Business Administration or a related field with emphasis in accounting, or demonstrated experience required.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible work experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Must demonstrate strong organization, planning, staff development and leadership skills.
- Must demonstrate strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must demonstrate ability to design, implement and maintain financial management programs, plans and initiatives.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals (GAAP) and personnel laws.
- High level of expertise in the use of personal computers in a networked environment with excellent spreadsheet, database, accounting, analysis, and word processing experience required.
- ALM application software experience desired.
- Must be bondable.
Central Willamette Community Credit Union is a Values based organization. We are fully committed to 5 core Values – RESPECT, INTEGRITY, ETHICS, COMPASSION and HUMOR. We believe the continual and constant assertion of these Values will ensure that our Brand; our promise, position, performance and personality, will be clearly demonstrated as we fulfill our Purpose. Our Purpose is to enrich the communities of the central Willamette Valley by providing superior financial products, services and opportunities. This is our quest, our passion and our vision. Our Purpose becomes reality only with 100% participation and commitment from every member of our team to live by our Values. As an employee of Central Willamette, it is a job requirement to fully embrace our Values based culture. It is an expectation that your time, energy, attention and passion will be directed to the fulfillment of our Purpose by adhering to our Values. All employee activities fall under the umbrella of our Values based culture making it vitally important that you fully embrace the Values in order to be successful at Central Willamette.
Please email a letter of your qualifications along with a detailed resume to CU-Resumes@centralwcu.org
Central Willamette Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer