Real Estate Loan Officer
June 4, 2013
Are you a Leader? Do you believe in Cooperation? Are you personally governed by the following principles?
The 7 Cooperative Principles
Principle #1 (Inclusiveness): Membership Should Be Open To All
Principle #2 (Voice): Members Should Call The Shots
Principle #3 (Participation): Rates & Fees Should Benefit Our Members
Principle #4 (Independence): Autonomy & Independence Set Us Apart
Principle #5 (Education): Financial Education Should Be Free & Available To All
Principle #6 (Cooperation): Cooperation Among Cooperatives Is Vital
Principle #7 (Community): Giving Back To The Community Is An Obligation
If any of those sound like you, you might very well make a fabulous addition to the Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union (SMCU) Cooperative! SMCU is a growing organization and our mission statement is, “We help members achieve their financial goals to realize their dreams.” At SMCU, it is our employees who truly make us a success. After all, it is our staff members who directly provide the excellent service our membership expects and deserves.
Please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
The Real Estate Loan Officer is responsible for processing all SMCU first mortgage loans.
- Responsible for producing high quality loans which meet investor guidelines while providing excellent member service.
- Responsible for meeting minimum production goals set by Sr. Management.
- Development of sales prospects by conducting field sales calls to referral sources and prospective member.
- Responsible for all aspects of originating and negotiating loans, as well as for advising and counseling the member on available options.
- Prepare and present sales presentations to prospective and external audiences.
- Attend SMCU events to further promote SMCU’s home loan program and increase home loan volume.
- File preparation and administrative follow up as needed (minimal time investment) including by not limited to: obtaining credit information, preparing loan applications and supporting documentation, working with members and referral sources by telephone, email and mail, meeting with borrowers and prospective borrowers
- Remains up-to-date on the latest home loan products, provide feedback on competition’s products, and participate in the development of new products. Assist in the development of home loan policies and procedures.
- Responsible for complying with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration renewal as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80%. (Note: This assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- Matches additional credit union products and services with members’ other financial needs.
- Responsible for compliance and generating accurate loan disclosures in a timely manner including RESPA, Reg Z, HMDA and Reg B.
- Effective pipeline management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proactively solicit new business. Advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work in a diverse community.
- Proficiency in standardized software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Basic ability to analyze personal and business financial statements
- Knowledgeable in regulatory, policy and compliance issues pertaining to the mortgage industry.
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage products and programs.
- Good analytical skills necessary to evaluate credit requests and determine trends in a given market place.
- Possesses excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Possesses excellent attendance records.
- Ability to accurately produce a minimum number of new loans per quarter, set by SMCU management, and based on the current rate environment.
- Ability to produce loans and manage pipeline that meets all compliance requirements.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, debt ratios).
- Provide proof of past and/or current performance.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provide the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform all aspects of the job.
- At least two years of mortgage loan sales experience which includes consistently meeting established sales / production goals. Required experience includes producing work that meets sales goals and meets all compliance requirements (RESPA, Reg Z, HMDA, Reg B) Solid knowledge and experience originating mortgage loans for FHLMC/FNMA, FHA and VA is preferred.
- Position will require travel to outside locations for SMCU events, for application interviews, and attend training. Position may also require some work before and after normal business hours for loan applications, training, RE community visits. Other times, work will generally be performed in an office environment.
- Indirect exposure to robbery
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.