June 4, 2013
Our Controller is responsible for the management and oversight of the Credit Union’s accounting functions and internal controls. The selected individual will ensure the safeguarding of assets, reliable financial records, operational efficiency, and financial reporting in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements. Additionally, our Controller will supervise, train, and manage the performance and development of the accounting team.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the accounting department; overseeing workflow and staff productivity.
- Overseeing the department’s personnel administration activities including job assignments, attendance, training, coaching, performance evaluation, and compensation within established guidelines and policies.
- Completing financial reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Accurately record the Credit Union’s daily cash position as well as investment and loan participation portfolios.·
- Preparing local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Issuing periodic financial/operating reports that adequately assess and report on the financial condition of the credit union.
- Reviewing ALM reports to ensure content is accurate and valid.
- Ensuring the integrity of the general ledger system.
- Providing oversight of the payroll cycle.
- Acting as liaison to auditors and examiners.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven ability to develop employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Strong analytical skills.
- 5+ years’ experience in financial accounting.
- 2+ years’ experience managing employees in an accounting department.
- Prior controller experience in a financial institution preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial accounting, asset liability management, and investments and pricing strategies.
A Great Place to Work!
Advantis Credit Union is Oregon’s fourth largest credit union, with over 50,000 members and five branches in the Portland metro area. Along with an excellent benefits package, our team is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally.
Our competitive advantage is our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through excellence, innovation, and serving as trusted advisors to our members. If you are looking for an organization that will recognize you for your results and empower you to reach your potential, we urge you to apply at: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH06/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ADVANTISCU&cws=1&rid=208
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted in NWCUA.