May 29, 2013
Compliance Manager – This full time position is available in our Administrative Department in Juneau, Alaska. Looking for an individual who would be responsible for implementing and administering assigned elements of the Credit Union’s Compliance Program. Previous financial institution experience preferred with experience in a compliance position for a Credit Union or Bank highly desirable though not required. Candidate must have the ability to evaluate applicable rules and regulations and maintain knowledge of current and pending laws and regulations affecting the financial services industry.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensure continued compliance with Bank Secrecy Act, and serve as Credit Union’s Bank Secrecy Act Officer. Lead the BSA monitoring process, including http://nwcua.org/admin/posts/compliance-manager-true-north/editsuspicious activity reporting, CTR’s, OFAC, FinCEN 314(a) and high risk accounts. Position is responsible for monitoring, researching, analyzing and investigating suspicious activity detected by the anti-money laundering system
- Perform ongoing monitoring of the regulatory compliance landscape, communicate with the appropriate department management and provide meaningful analysis that identifies Credit Union and department specific impacts of regulatory changes.
- Manage the Vendor Management program, ensuring timely compliance with the policy.
- Maintain, update and communicate to management a compliance calendar of proposed and final regulatory changes,activities and assessments, and policy reviews.
- Provide compliance support for the Credit Union as scheduled and/or requested including but not limited to consulting on compliance impacts to business operations and reviewing marketing materials, disclosures, policies and procedures.
- Schedule and perform compliance assessments.
- Two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school, or completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship.
- Minimum of five years of similar or related experience. Knowledge of laws, regulations and Credit Union or banking operations.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of verbal and written communication skills. Have the ability to work with staff to resolve issues. Obtaining cooperation internally and externally is important. Must be skilled problem solver, show significant initiative, and be able to work independently.
- Must be proficient in interpreting laws and regulations, and applying them to Credit Union operations and products.
Some of the benefits we offer
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- 401K Retirement & matching with service time
- Cafeteria Plan (Flex Plan)
- Generous Logo Wear Allowances
- At least 2 weeks of vacation for new employees per year
- Casual Friday & Saturdays with Logo Wear
- Short Term Disability (no cost to you)
- Life Insurance (no cost you to you)
True North FCU was voted “family Friendly Employer” by Juneau area businesses in May 2011
True North FCU was voted “Best Business Representing the 6 Pillars of “character Counts” by Juneau Empire readers in September 2012. The 6 Pillars are trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
Our mission at True North Federal Credit Union is to bring the credit union philosophy to Alaskans and to provide enhanced products and services to our membership. We are looking for employees who share our dedication to anticipating and meeting our members needs with quality service and the most current technology. The Credit Union is dedicated to providing a rewarding work experience for its employees. True North FCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at https://www.truenorthfcu.org/servlet/content/employment.html
Posted in Article Post.