May 23, 2013
Due to an internal promotion, Lacamas has an Accounting Specialist position open. The Accounting Specialist is responsible for providing accounting and clerical support to the Accounting Department. The responsibilities include:
- Prepare and post general ledger entries.
- Manage accounts payable and expense reimbursement functions.
- Process transaction journal.
- Process and post mortgage loan payments.
- Monitor Lacamas’ bank accounts daily.
- Process and post share drafts, ACH debits and credits, ACH origination and domestic and international wire transfers.
- Verify and post all month end spreadsheets.
- Perform month end general ledger closing processes.
- IRA reporting.
- Maintains ATM, Debit and Credit Card inventory.
- Balances daily payment system activities.
- Completes network required reporting on department statistics.
- Processes cardholder disputes, including Reg E claims.
- Monitors and reports all fraudulent card activity.
Education and Experience
- AA or BS from a two or four year college or university; or a minimum 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in creation and maintenance of month end closing entries and financial statements.
- Financial institution experience preferred.
- Innovation in problem resolution and service delivery.
- Perform mathematical calculations related to the financial industry.
- Good technology aptitude with database management software, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel
- Strong oral and written communication in the English language.
Position Specific Expectations
- Knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures and financial reports.
- Understanding of related regulations, statutes, and filing requirements.
- Knowledge of general ledger/related computer applications.
Lacamas is proud to offer competitive benefits and reward programs, as well as a great environment of professional, hardworking employees committed to providing our members options to help them achieve their financial goals.
If you feel that you meet the above qualifications, please respond to this ad by selecting the following link to submit your resume: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=5126031
For more information, please visit us at www.lacamas.org
Lacamas Community Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted in NWCUA.