Senior Mortgage Underwriter
May 22, 2013
Unitus Community Credit Union has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Underwriter to join our Mortgage team. Underwrite residential mortgage loan, home equity loan, and home equity line of credit applications, maintaining compliance with approved guidelines. Ensure that loans placed into the Credit Union’s loan portfolio meet established risk tolerances. Also responsible for secondary market and loan pricing functions, including rate posting, locks/commitments, loan sales/shipping, guideline compliance and quality control initiatives.
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as finance or business, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of current residential real estate loan underwriting experience
- Strong knowledge of current real estate and consumer lending laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of all types of income analysis and acceptable source of funds evaluation
- Current experience with automated underwriting systems: Desktop Underwriter (FNMA) and/or Loan Prospector (Freddie Mac).
- Must be licensed in the National Mortgage Licensure System (NMLS) and be SAFE ACT compliant.
- At least 2 years of secondary market experience preferred, not required
The location for this position is Unitus Plaza, our headquarters in downtown southwest Portland. We offer a competitive pay rate and benefits package. For immediate consideration, apply online at www.unitusccu.com.
Posted in Article Post.