Lending Administrative Specialist
May 22, 2013
Are you a self starter? Do you have a background in Consumer lending? Would you like to work in an environment that fosters learning and independence?
Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union is currently seeking an experienced individual to fill our Lending Administrative Specialist position at our Downtown Branch. We are looking for an individual ready to take their lending skills to the next level. The ideal candidate will be thorough, detail oriented, and a master of multi-tasking. You must have at minimum one year office experience including title processing in a credit union or other financial institution is preferred. Thriving in a deadline oriented environment is a must!
If this sounds like you please visit http://www.smcu.com/home/about/employment to see a full job description, benefits summary and to learn more about the credit union. Also, find out a little more about the culture of organization by visiting the following sites, http://www.7principles.coop/ and http://opcoop.coop/.
The Lending Administrative Specialist role is Responsible for accurate and timely securing of titles for all collateralized loans. Completes other Lending related processing duties/tasks as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes all title transfer and reissue transactions for collateralized loans.
- Serves as an effective resource for all title related questions and communicates title work updates to applicable staff.
- Tracks outstanding titles and provides follow-up until title has been secured.
- Provides support for the Lending Dept. by actively cross-training in other Lending job functions.
- Makes recommendations to the Consumer Lending Supervisor regarding title issues.
- Reconciles various GL accounts and the paperless title account monthly.
- Handles various Lending related processing duties as assigned including GAP/Warranty remittances.
- Supports, promotes and recommends products and services.
- Contributes to maintaining the department’s Internal Service Survey satisfaction ratings in accordance with credit union goals by providing high quality service based on our service standards
- Completes Product/Service Knowledge Assessment within 90 days of employment with a score of at least 80%. (Note: This assessment may be taken as many times as needed to achieve this score).
- For the purpose of maintaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous quality improvement of processes and quality of service to internal and external customers.
Other duties as may be assigned.
- Indirect exposure to robbery.
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be required to attend off-hours and/or off-site meetings.
- Physical effort may be required to lift supplies and packages up to 25 lbs.
- Education or job knowledge equivalent to high school.
- Knowledge of accounting functions.
- Cursory knowledge of the credit union history, philosophy, policies, products, and operations preferred.
- Software: MS Word, Excel, Windows, OSI, LOS, and EDS-Paperless Title system.
- Basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and percentages) and intermediate math formulas (payment calculations).
- Accurate office skills: ten-key, keyboarding, and filing.
- Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent computer and navigational skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, EDS-PTS).
- Ability to communicate with tact, discretion, and courtesy within and outside the organization.
- Ability to perform basic math computations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages) and intermediate math formulas (payment calculations).
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent attendance.
- Ability to handle stress in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to adapt positively to the changing needs of the job and/or department.
- Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Minimum one year office experience including title processing in a credit union or other financial institution preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Posted in Financial Education.