May 17, 2013
Job Code: 1304-003
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Montgomery Park
Location: Portland, OR
Position Title: Network Technician
Reports to: Technology Services Manager
Responsible for the ongoing support of OnPoint’s high availability voice and data network. Serve as a technical resource in the evaluation, testing, implementation and support of network platforms. Work with OnPoint’s technical team, users and vendor support staff to maintain, repair, and enhance the network.
- Routine technical support to end users and Technology Department.
- Maintain and monitor data center and branch network.
- Respond to network outages and be available for planned maintenance that would likely occur at odd hours.
- Install new hardware and conduct software configurations, patching and upgrades as required.
- Provide ongong project support.
- Evaluate current network conditions and prepare recommendations for improvement and efficiency.
- Provide network technical support
- Perform network equipment hardware and software troubleshooting, break/fix, and investigations.
- Respond to network outage emergencies including on-call and connectivity investigation, troubleshooting and break/fix.
- Support and promote a customer service oriented and team driven environment.
- Manage ticket queue on a daily basis Service all assigned tickets to the best of your abilities.
- Plans and implements major network hardware installs and upgrades for Cisco equipment.
- Designs, specifies, and documents LAN/WAN configurations according to user needs, utilizing outside support resources when appropriate.
- Analyze workload, including traffic and daily review of reported customer incidents to identify problem areas and chronic issues within the network infrastructure.
- Develops and monitors appropriate security procedures to safeguard system from physical harm, unauthorized access and damage to data.
- Ensures proper connectivity of desktop computers to information stored on LAN/WAN systems.
- Working knowledge of routing protocols. Periodic review of network routing to assure optimum performance.
Possess some or all of the following qualifications:
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience installing, upgrading and maintaining Cisco network devices such as access switches and branch office routers
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience configuring basic Cisco devices with provided configuration
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience configuring and troubleshooting EIGRP and other routing protocols
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience configuring and troubleshooting various layer 2 and layer 3 technologies including VLANS, spanning tree, and VOIP
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience configuring and troubleshooting VOIP and Unified Communications applications such as Cisco UCM, Cisco Unity, Cisco CME, H.323, SIP, video conferencing, and other IP communications technologies
- Minimum one (1) year experience with managing network devices in a multi-facility, campus, or WAN environment
- Possess CCNET or greater, certification.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.
Visit http://onpoint.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=3600814&user_id= to apply.
Posted in Article Post.