May 16, 2013
Job Code: 1305-013
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Montgomery Park
Location: Portland, OR
Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Reports to: Marketing Services Manager
Under general direction of the Marketing Services Manager, is responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of marketing programs to support the Credit Union’s strategic plan.
- Assists in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating all marketing goals, strategies, activities and expenditures. Ensures that goals and objectives are met and makes recommendations for improvement and future direction.
- Ensures overall quality, quantity, accuracy, timeliness and tracking of all marketing related activities.
- Assists with writing and editing of marketing projects (promotional literature, web, direct marketing, merchandising, etc.).
- Assists with the development, writing, and communication of Marketing plans, promotional recaps, creative briefs, project recommendations, and presentations.
- Understands credit union policies and procedures and ensures that all marketing related activities conform to applicable regulatory and credit union mandated standards.
- Assists with the planning, developing, writing and publishing of all advertising and promotional materials. Maintains and updates material, as needed.
- Assists in market research of both members and potential members. Suggests recommendations for programs and services to increase market penetration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred and 1-2 years of previous experience in a marketing department is highly desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Extensive skills using design programs including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Flash.
- Proven ability to perform and apply design skills across multiple channels including web, traditional and digital.
- Previous experience within a financial institution with product knowledge and development experience is preferable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously and organize and prioritize work.
- Light physical exertion with ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Visit http://onpoint.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=3685662&user_id= to apply.
Posted in Marketing & Communications.