Accountant – Accounting Services
May 16, 2013
Accountant – Accounting Services
Job Code: 1304-007
Job Type : Full Time
Branch Location : Montgomery Park
Location: Portland, OR
POSITION TITLE: Accountant
REPORTS TO: Assistant Accounting Manager
Performs any combination of computing, calculating and posting of financial, statistical and other numerical data, manually or by machine, to maintain accounting records. Records details of daily business transactions. Analyzes, researches, and resolves financial issues in conformity with GAAP.
- Assists in preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting reports of Credit Union, subject to review by management.
- Prepares statistical and regulatory reports, maintaining thorough backup documentation for all reports issued from Accounting Services.
- Performs annual budget process for the Credit Union. Interacts with all levels of Credit Union management to gather relevant data and project income and expense. Maintains thorough documentation of operating and capital budget items.
- Performs monthly, quarterly and annual budget variance reporting functions.
- Prepares monthly accruals required for correct statement of Credit Union income and expense. Analyzes income and expense to assure accurate financial results. Maintains thorough backup documentation.
- Maintains cost accounting systems used by the Credit Union.
- Reconciles and audits General Ledger accounts. Prepares closing entries at month-end.
- Maintains Real Estate accounting for the Credit Union, including the proper application of related FAS statements and OREO accounting.
- Writes and maintains accounting policies and procedures documentation
- Assists with systems conversions as needed, taking a lead role for systems within primary area of responsibility.
- Writes and generates ad-hoc reports using report writer, spreadsheet or database tools.
- Maintains subsidiary accounting records and reporting for CUSOs.
- Prepares annual tax reporting for the Credit Union and its subsidiary.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by Accounting Supervisor, Controller, or CFO.
Requirements for Position:
Position requires accuracy and the ability to coordinate and prioritize work efficiently. Individual must be a self-starter, flexible, conscientious, comfortable with detail and able to communicate in a professional manner.
- Four-year degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- 3-5 years of experience with accrual basis accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and data processing through education and job experience.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing software, such as Excel and Word, in a windows environment. Experience with Access database, Adobe Acrobat and ad-hoc reporting tools desirable.
- Mathematical orientation, with ability to compute interest rates, work with ratios, and accurately balance a variety of reports.
- Proven research and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment, initiative and tact in communicating with staff and management.
- 10-key by touch and good keyboarding skills.
- Budgeting, business tax preparation and/or cost accounting experience preferred.
- Financial institution experience preferred.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making faire pay decisions about jobs.
Visit http://onpoint.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=3611072&user_id= to apply.
Posted in Article Post.